Registering with the Office of Educational Accessibility

<< Back to Educational Accessibility

Students who have a diagnosed medical, physical, psychological, and/or learning disability, may qualify for reasonable accommodations at University of the Arts.  While self-disclosure of a disability is voluntary, students are encouraged to make an appointment to learn about the resources available to support a positive transition to college and promote academic success through the provision of accommodations. 

Registering with the Office of Educational Accessibility:

1) Complete a Pre-Intake Questionnaire.

2) Schedule an initial meeting. Students can make an appointment online at  Appointments are available 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday.  

3) Provide documentation.  Students can upload documentation to the Pre-Intake Questionnaire or send to 

Once documentation is reviewed and the student has met with OEA, accommodations will be determined and a Course Access Memo (accommodation letter) will be sent to the student's instructors.  Students must request a Course Access Memo to be sent to their instructors each semester that they are enrolled.

Provision of Accommodations

Accommodations are provided on an individualized basis.  Depending on the type of accommodations requested, varying levels of documentation may be required. Reasonable accommodations are provided unless doing so will fundamentally alter the nature of the academic program or pose an undue financial or administrative burden.  Students are required to meet course expectations and department technical standards, with or without accommodations, in order to receive full academic credit for their work.  


While each individual student's case is different, general documentation requirements include: 1) diagnosis; 2) functional limitations (impact of disability in the academic environment); and 3) recommendations for accommodations and support. Documentation must show a direct link between the accommodation recommended and the functional limitations of the disability.  Documentation must be in the form of a letter or report from a therapist, psychologist, or provider who is qualified to make the diagnosis.   Please note that as a post-secondary institution, the University of the Arts cannot accept IEPs or 504 Plans alone as sufficient documentation.

Sample guidelines for documentation are provided below.