Devised performance students on a dark stage with their arms connected and their bodies stretching in opposing directions in

Graduate Tuition & Financial Aid

University of the Arts provides transparent, detailed information to guide you through the financial aid process. Most of our students receive financial aid or scholarships, and our admissions counselors can help you navigate that aspect of the application process.

As a graduate student, you are encouraged to consider all financial aid options available to help realize your goal of continuing your education. Student Financial Services is committed to working with you to explore all possible options, to ensure you can finance an education in the arts. 

Types of Graduate Student Aid

Financial aid comes in the forms of grants, loans, or student employment, and can be funded through federal, state, institutional, or private organizations.

Graduate Grants & Scholarships

Scholarships and grants are awards and gifts that do not need to be repaid.

Learn more


Loans must be repaid and are usually offered with an extended repayment period.

Learn more

Work Study

Work study is a work-to-earn program that is paid biweekly at an hourly rate.

Learn more

Graduate Financial Aid FAQ

Expand all Collapse all
Can I attend part-time and receive aid?

University aid, including merit-based scholarships, is typically not awarded to part-time students. There might be federal or state programs for which you may be eligible as a part-time student. Contact Student Financial Services at before you decide to attend part-time, so the staff can review how that will impact your financial aid and billed expenses.

Can I use my financial aid to study abroad?

Yes, financial aid and merit-based scholarships can be applied to approved study-abroad programs. Since there are additional costs for studying abroad, such as travel insurance, housing, and airfare, we encourage you to meet with a Student Financial Services counselor before applying to study abroad.

Can I use financial aid to pay for off-campus housing?

Yes, you can use financial aid, including loans, to help assist with the costs of living off campus. If you are relying on a refund from an overpayment, keep in mind that fall refund checks are generally not available until late September and spring checks until mid-February. Plan ahead to pay your rent for those months.

How do I get refunded for an overpayment?

Refunds are automatically issued in the two weeks after the drop/add period has ended. Refunds are issued as checks and are able to be picked up by students.

When will I receive my financial aid award?

Universities expect to receive 2024–2025 student FAFSA data in mid-March, and we currently expect to begin sending financial aid offer letters by April 1. Your financial aid offer letter will show your expected cost of attendance, and all eligible financial aid—which may include your merit scholarship, institutional grants, federal grants, and/or federal loans.

Graduate Student Costs

View costs of attendance and sample budgets.

Learn more

Applying for Graduate Student Aid

All students who are U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens and are enrolled in a degree program are encouraged to apply by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Learn more

Graduate Financial Aid Deadlines

View deadlines for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Learn more