We seek unconventional thinkers, dreamers, and doers who are passionate about using their creative works to impact society.
Our admission process is designed for us to get to know you. We want to know about your creativity, passions and drive.
UArts offers recommended priority deadlines; students who apply and submit all required materials by the priority deadline will receive first consideration for scholarship aid from UArts. Applications received after the priority deadline will be reviewed on a rolling, space-available basis.
International students requiring an F-1 visa for study in the U.S. might be subject to earlier deadlines to provide time for completion of the visa process. Contact Admissions for guidance if you are an international student who wishes to apply after the priority deadline.
Spring 2023 priority deadline: Oct. 15, 2022
Fall 2023 priority deadline: Feb. 15, 2023
We cannot accept spring 2023 applications after Jan. 9, 2023, and cannot accept fall 2023 applications after Aug. 11, 2023.
If you wish to be considered for financial aid, we recommend that you file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by
Oct. 15 for spring admission
Feb. 15 for fall admission
The FAFSA can be submitted as early as Oct. 1 for entry in the fall semester the following year.
- Start or resume your application.
- The application includes two required short-answer questions: What excites you about UArts? What inspires you?
- $60 nonrefundable application fee
- If you qualify for a fee waiver from NACAC, CollegeBoard, UArts or another source, indicate that on your application. If the cost of the application fee is a barrier, contact Admissions to request a fee waiver code.
- Official high school transcript
- Official transcripts must be sent directly from your school by mail, email or a secure electronic document-delivery service.
- If you’ve attended high school outside the U.S., read the additional guidelines for international transcripts.
- Audition or portfolio
- A portfolio is required for all Art, Design, Film and Writing programs. Your portfolio may be uploaded during the application process or via your applicant status portal after submission. You must confirm when your submission is complete via the linked electronic form before your portfolio can be reviewed for admission. View a full list of portfolio requirements by program.
- Auditions or interviews are required for all Dance, Music and Theater programs. After submitting your application, go to your applicant status portal to register for your virtual or on-campus audition day. View a full list of audition requirements by program.
- Optional letters of recommendation
- Letters of recommendation from teachers or mentors are optional and may be submitted by the recommender via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by your high school through a secure electronic document-delivery service.
Admissions decisions are sent on a rolling basis beginning in November.
If you’ve already applied, check your application status portal to ensure all application materials have been received.
Financial Aid Notification
Applicants who receive an offer of admission before January and have submitted the FAFSA will receive a need-based financial aid package in January. Applicants who complete the admission process after January and submit the FAFSA will receive a need-based financial aid package approximately two weeks after receiving an offer of admission.
When filing the FAFSA, be sure to include the Federal School Code for UArts (003350).