Tutoring at UArts
*Tutoring is still available virtually!*
Tutoring is available to all students, free of charge, in every course taught at the university.
Peer Tutoring is a great resource for students looking to supplement classroom and studio instruction, and improve your skills in writing, studio classes, ESL, reading and other academic areas.
Schedule a Tutoring Appointment
Schedule a one-time, or weekly tutoring appointment for any course / subject by clicking this link.
- After clicking the link you will be able to search for a tutor by name or course
- You can view the tutor's availability for session, and make an appointment(s) to meet with them!
- After you make your appointment you will receive an email with a GoBoard link to use to access your meeting.
- If you can't find a tutor for your course, or need help scheduling an appointment please email email@example.com or Hanna Weckel
- Click the image below for a video tutorial on how to sign up for tutoring!
More information about tutoring at UArts:
Helpful Learning Resources
Knowing your learning style can help you when it comes to finding ways to study and complete school work, leading you to be a more successful student.
The four main types of learning are:
- VISUAL - using images, diagrams, and written directions to better understand concepts; preferring to learn when topics are presented visually.
- AUDITORY - prefer to learn through hearing lectures, and when sound is used to reinforce learning; often read material aloud to themselves to assist in understanding.
- KINESTHETIC - learn best through physically engaging with the learning the material; learn through experience the topics, acting out the learning the material, and through touch.
- READING / WRITING - preferring to learn through written word; find expression through research, reading articles/ books, and writing assignments.
If you do not already know your learning style, you can take this short (2 minutes) quiz here!
Elrick, Lauren. “4 Types of Learning Styles: How to Accommodate a Diverse Group of Students.” Rasmussen College, Rasmussen College LLC, 9 August 2018, https://www.rasmussen.edu/degrees/education/blog/types-of-learning-styles/.