University of the Sciences
Discover the benefits of the partnership between UArts and USciences.
For nearly 200 years, USciences has prepared students to be leaders in scientific and healthcare fields. Through the exchange program, students can combine art and science for a perfect balance of experiential learning.
The University of the Arts is committed to providing a well-rounded education to prepare students for success in the global economy. Since the creation of an exchange in 2006, our partnership with the University of the Sciences (USciences) has opened the door for students to take for-credit classes at each others' campuses. Students can broaden their knowledge in business, science, foreign language and much more!
The "exchange agreement" between the College of Art, Media & Design (CAMD) and the College Performing Arts (CPA) at the University of the Arts (UArts) and the University of the Sciences (USciences) has the following goals:
- To enrich the curriculums of both institutions by making available courses in subject areas not normally taught by one of the participating schools/programs
- To promote collaboration among students and faculty members at the two universities, leading to collaborative work and curriculum.
Participation in the exchange between the University of the Arts and the University of the Sciences (USciences) is a privilege and you should learn as much as you can about your exchange university. Remember, it may seem trite, but you are an ambassador for your home school and it is your responsibility to make the exchange a successful one.
The Following Policies Apply:
- Students participating in the program can take one course each semester at the away campus and may not take more than a total of 18 credits of course work over six semesters.
- The home institution will determine the process and criteria for selection and the courses a visiting student may take.
- Visiting students pay the tuition of their home institutions to their home institution. No student is to be billed directly by the away institution. Grades are to be sent to the home institution's Registrar and are to be entered on the student transcript in a manner decided by the home institution.
- A visiting student who receives a grade below 2.0 in any course taken as part of this agreement may not continue taking courses at the away university.
- Any appeal of grades shall be handled according to the regulations and procedures used by the university at which the student is taking a course.
- All participating students will be held to the rules and regulations for student conduct and disciplinary standards used by both their home university and the university at which the student is taking a course. In the case of a violation, the deans of students will consult with each other, and if deemed appropriate, students may be sanctioned by both universities.
- Participants will have non-matriculated status at the away university, be provided with a student ID and be entitled to those privileges normally available to non-matriculating students.
600 South 43rd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104-4495
Kevin Murphy, PhD
Chair, Humanities Department
UArts/USciences Exchange Coordinator
The East Building, Room 101
42nd and Woodland Avenue