UArts students sit on the steps of Hamilton Hall

Office of the Registrar

The Office of the Registrar maintains accurate student academic records in compliance with current policies and laws and provides academic and enrollment services in support of the University of the Arts’ diverse academic community, University strategic plan, and mission statement. 

Contact Us

PHONE: 215-717-6420
HOURS: Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–5 p.m.

Academic Policy & Procedure


The University Catalog documents curriculum, policies and procedures to assist students, faculty and administrators in performing the business of the university effectively, consistently and in compliance with applicable laws, ethical norms and accepted best practices.


Expand all Collapse all
Matriculated Student Registration

All students enrolled in a degree program at University of the Arts can plan and register for courses, view grades and monitor progress towards degree completion online through the Self Service Student Planning tool. A complete guide to advising, registration and degree planning is available in the University Catalog. Former matriculated students who have withdrawn and wish to return to UArts may submit a Re-admission Application.

Visiting Student Registration

University of the Arts partnerships with Thomas Jefferson University and Peirce College allow students to take courses at partnership institutions while paying tuition at their home institution. 

To participate in an exchange between UArts and a partnership institution:

  1. Submit one Visiting Student Application per partnership institution

  2. Submit one Visiting Student Registration per course

Students from Jefferson or Peirce interested in taking courses at UArts may browse available course offerings using Student Self Service. Peirce students should use the Course Type filter in Advanced Search to limit offerings open to those groups.    

Details about eligible offerings for UArts students interested in taking courses at a partnership institution are included on the registration form.

Learn more about UArts’ partnerships.

Non-Matriculated Student Registration

Students who are not enrolled at the University of the Arts or a partnership institution may register for courses as a non-matriculated student. Non-matriculated status provides opportunity to pursue college-level instruction for those who have earned a high school diploma (or equivalent) or beyond, or for others who receive permission of a department to enroll in a specific course. 

To enroll as a non-matriculated student:

  1. Browse available course sections.

  2. Complete the Non-Matriculated Student Application. An unofficial copy of your high school or college transcript will be required for attachment.

  3. Once you are active as a non-matriculated student, submit one Non-Matriculated Registration form each time you would like to request approval to register for a course.

Registration for non-matriculated students begins at the start of the Add/Drop period. See Academic Calendar for dates.

Self Service

Self Service is an interactive web application that allows students, faculty and advisors to directly view student and course information and complete many important tasks.    

The Student Planning and Advising modules allow students and their advisors to plan courses and track progress towards degree completion, register for course sections, view grades and explore other academic programs using completed coursework.

Students can also download copies of unofficial transcripts, manage pronouns and chosen names, update addresses and emergency contacts, and apply for graduation. 

Faculty use Student Self Service to submit midterm and final grades, view rosters, track attendance and certify rosters to report students not in attendance on drop and withdrawal census dates.

All members of the UArts community and public can access the course offerings in Self Service without a user account.

Forms and Requests

Forms & Requests are available on the portal for secure submission to the Office of the Registrar from a user’s network account. Policy related to each request from the University Catalog is linked directly to each form and should be reviewed prior to submission.

Expand all Collapse all

Students can make the following requests on the portal.

  • Act 48 transmission for educators to report credits to the Pennsylvania Department of Education

  • Anticipated completion update for students who take additional time to complete their degree requirements, for example, to ensure loans do not go into early repayment

  • Change of legal name

  • Degree program change to switch majors or add a dual major/double degree

  • FERPA Consent to Release to grant permission for UArts faculty and staff to discuss protected student information with third parties, such as parents and families

  • Independent study requests

  • Leave of absence for matriculated students needing to take a one semester hiatus

  • Minor declaration

  • Non-matriculated registration for non-matriculated students to register for courses

  • Pass/fail or audit grade request to audit a course or take an elective as pass/fail

  • Professional Institute for Educators graduate credit for educators to convert continuing studies courses to graduate level

  • Readmission for students who are withdrawn and would like to re-enroll in UArts

  • Semester study away and travel course application for students participating in a semester-long or short travel experience

  • Transfer credit pre-approval when taking courses over the summer or during winter terms

  • Undergraduate course authorization for graduate students to take undergraduate courses

  • VA certification submitted each semester by students who receive veteran’s benefits 

  • Visiting student application and registration for participation in partnership programs between UArts and other institutions

  • Withdrawal from a course after the close of registration

  • Withdrawal from the university to un-enroll at UArts


Faculty and staff with OnBase access should submit forms directly in OnBase. Faculty without OnBase access can make the following requests on the portal.

  • Change of grade to make a correction after the close of final grading or to submit a grade for an incomplete

  • Curricular forms for new and changed programs and courses

Enrollment Verification

Enrollment verification provides information regarding a student’s enrollment status (full time/part time), dates of attendance, degrees sought or awarded and program of study. 

This information may be required by the student’s lender, insurance carriers, sponsor, etc., to determine eligibility for loan deferment and continuation of in-school benefits. The Office of the Registrar will verify enrollment for future terms only after the student has registered for classes and has been cleared by Student Financial Services.

Student enrollment is transmitted to the National Student Clearinghouse approximately 3–4 weeks before the start of a term, 3–5 days after the first day of a term, one week after the end of the drop/add period and then once every 30 days. Schedule changes that alter a student’s enrollment status (full time/part time) will be reflected in accordance with this transmission schedule.

Expand all Collapse all
How to Obtain an Enrollment Verification - Current Students
  1. Go to the portal Forms and Requests page (requires a login).

  2. Choose Enrollment Verification from the list of requests

  3. Select an enrollment verification type.

    • Current enrollment

      • Available approximately 20 days prior to the start of a term for students

      • Includes enrollment only for the current term only

    • All enrollment

      • Includes enrollment for all terms

      • Enrollment data for an upcoming term is available approximately 20 days prior to the start of the term. Current and previous term enrollment is always available.

    • Advanced registration

      • Advanced registration certificates are available for the fall semester only and can be accessed from late May through early August each year.

      • Advanced registration certificates include coursework for which a student is registered and are provided as a service to students before an official enrollment verification can be generated. Loan servicers, insurance carriers and other organizations may not accept an advanced registration certificate.

  4. After making your selection, click the link above the buttons to Obtain an enrollment certificate.

How to Obtain an Enrollment Verification - Former Students and Third Parties
  1. Enrollment certificate PDFs are provided on demand via the NSCH. Fees apply.

  2. Go to the National Student Clearinghouse website 

  3. Select Verify Degrees, Enrollment & Certification from the Order - Track - Verify menu and follow the instructions.


The Office of the Registrar produces transcripts for all graduate and undergraduate programs, continuing education, Professional Institute for Educators and non-matriculated coursework. In order to process a transcript request, the student’s account must be in good financial standing.

All requests are processed within 1–2 business days and then sent by whichever delivery method is requested.

Expand all Collapse all
Order Official Transcripts

For your convenience and security, all requests for official transcripts must be made online through the National Student Clearinghouse. From this site, students will be able to order transcripts using a variety of services, securely pay for the transcript and sign the consent release electronically. The ordering process takes about 10 minutes to complete, and students will receive emailed updates when your order is fulfilled. Fees for official transcript orders are listed in the University Catalog.

Order here: NSCH: UArts Transcript Ordering Center

Our services are as follows.

  • Electronic PDF transcript: This is the fastest and most convenient delivery method. Students are able to request an electronic transcript, save it to their computer and forward it to as many recipients as needed. Please see the Clearinghouse help page on browser support and viewing official PDF transcripts and its system requirements. Adobe Reader is free and required to view official PDF transcripts. Note: Students who attended prior to 1994 will not be able to request an electronic transcript.

  • Paper transcript: Students can request paper transcripts to be mailed by the US Postal Service. Delivery times vary by location. 

  • Paper transcript, UPS service (domestic): Once processed, paper transcripts will be sent via UPS and are typically delivered within 1–2 business days, depending on the location of the recipient. Note: UPS does not deliver to PO boxes. Additional fees apply.

  • Paper transcript, FedEx service (international): Once processed, paper transcripts will be sent via FedEx and are typically delivered within 2–5 business days, depending on the location of the recipient. Note: FedEx does not deliver to PO boxes. Additional fees apply.

Already placed an order? Track your transcript.

Download Unofficial Transcripts

Current and former students with network credentials can view and print their unofficial transcripts through the Self Service Student Planning tool. Once logged in with the same network credentials used for the portal, enter Student Planning, click Academics at the top of the page and then select Unofficial Transcript. You will be able to download a PDF immediately.


UArts now offers certified electronic diplomas in addition to the standard physical diploma following graduation from a degree program. This electronic diploma cannot be printed but can be shared with others. It can be opened in any PDF compatible application except for editing software such as Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop. The authenticity of an electronic diploma from University of the Arts can be validated using this tool.

Expand all Collapse all
Request a Replacement Diploma

If your diploma has been lost, you may request a replacement. Your new diploma will be issued by “University of the Arts” even if degree was received from a predecessor institution. Signatures appearing on the diploma will be those of current university officials and will be printed using current diploma style. If you have questions, contact us prior to submitting your request. 


Request Procedure

Please allow two to three weeks for production of a replacement diploma. Your request should be submitted by email prior to making payment and must contain the following.

  • Name under which you attended the university or any predecessor institutions

  • Current address and telephone number

  • Last date of attendance

  • Major/degree program

  • Specify diploma format (i.e. physical, electronic or both)

  • Address where physical diploma is to be mailed or email address for electronic diploma

  • Signature for release of diploma (embed photo in email)

Submit requests and/or questions to

Document Notarization for Foreign Countries

Current students and alumni pursuing endeavors in foreign countries may be required to obtain an apostille from the commonwealth of Pennsylvania on official transcripts and/or diplomas. The Pennsylvania Department of State requires official transcripts or diplomas to be notarized in order to affix an apostille. Note: Electronic transcripts cannot be notarized.

Original diplomas, as well as diploma copies, may be notarized. If you are unable to access your diploma, visit our page detailing information on obtaining a replacement diploma. Notarized documents will only be returned to the individual requesting notary service. The requester is responsible for forwarding the documents to the Pennsylvania Department of State to obtain an apostille as per the directions on their website.

The decision to notarize a document is solely at the discretion of the notary, and they reserve the right to refuse to notarize a document for any reason. Processing time may take up to three weeks plus additional time for mailing documents.

Expand all Collapse all
Request a Notarized Diploma

Complete a Notary Request form and mail to the following address with your original diploma or a copy of excellent quality.

Office of the Registrar
University of the Arts
320 S. Broad St.
Philadelphia, PA 19102

If you are no longer in possession of your diploma, you should make a replacement diploma request and attach a completed Notary Request form.

Request a Notarized Transcript