Club and Organization Resources
Start a New Organization
Interested in starting a new organization? Fill out this form to tell us about your idea and how the new organization could benefit or enhance the UArts community. Then, you'll be contacted by a member of the Office of Student Life to set up a meeting and begin the process of forming a new organization.
There are a number of benefits that come from being a registered student organization at the University of the Arts:
- Student Organization Officer Training
- Annual Budget Funding
- Eligibility for Special Funding
- Reserve campus facilities for events, programs, and meetings
- Advertising and Promotion of Organization Events
- Access to Supplies in the Office of Student Life
- Invitation to the Annual Student Leadership Awards
Have an idea? Want to host an event on campus? We want to help you bring that idea to life! Student Activities provides students, faculty, and staff with guidance and the means to coordinate and execute a successful event on campus. The information below should help you along the way as you and your organization enter the exciting and challenging world of programming.
First steps in planning your event or program:
- Start planning your event at least one month in advance, and set a concrete date and time for your event. Think to yourself… does it conflict with any other campus events (midterms, finals, holidays, etc.)?
- Complete a Program Proposal Form and submit it to the Campus Programming Coordinator, Kristen Burkett, located in Gershman Hall Suite 309. If you come across any questions while filling out the form, contact Kristen at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note: it is important to be as specific and detailed as possible on the Program Proposal Form.
The program proposal form will require you to provide information regarding the scope of the program, room reservation and set-up information (if applicable), as well as funding request (if applicable).
You may be asked to schedule a meeting with the Campus Programming Coordinator to discuss your event prior to approval.
Volunteering for Student Activities is the best way to get involved with and learn all about programming. Volunteer opportunities include:
- Planning and Preparing for Campus Events
- Advertising; including word of mouth promotion, distributing flyers, and managing social media