|July 13 - August 1, 2015
||| 3 weeks
|| 3 college credits
The MBET program is designed to introduce you to the many facets of the music industry and teach the practicalities and realities of what it means to “DIY” (do it yourself) in 2015. Our three-week music business intensive is built around the culture of entrepreneurship and the crucial skills needed to create opportunity.
Study the music industry from the present-day perspective and explore how new media businesses extend beyond music. You will participate in experimental learning “on the job” through simulated and real-world assignments and projects. A strong emphasis is placed on the role of social media and the artist-entrepreneur as a content provider, media maker and creative engine.
- Renowned music industry and technology specialists as master teachers and lecturers
- Field trips to professional recording studios and live music venues
- Collaborations with students in the Summer Institute Music program
- Guest lectures from respected performers and technicians
After spending three weeks in the heart of the arts and business district of Philadelphia with active music industry professionals as instructors, leave with a better understanding of recording and live-sound technologies and applications, as well as the realities and business practices of the new and future music industry. Plus, three college credits.
- Program and produce content for web radio and broadcast your shows
- Engineer and mix recording sessions
- Compose and produce MIDIbased pieces
- Be exposed to a variety of DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations)
- Run lighting, streaming and live sound for a variety of performances
- Produce content designed to market the Music program’s final concert
- Use open lab hours to work on personal projects and sharpen production skills
- Meet and collaborate with students from all over the country