The music industry is evolving more quickly than ever before. Our three-week Music Business program gives you an edge with an inside look at this field, immersing you in the latest in technology and business practices, elevating your industry understanding and musical expertise in the process.
Dive into a curriculum designed with the real world in mind. Through simulated assignments and projects that require software knowledge and business acumen, you’ll merge your new skills—including recording, mixing digital audio and streaming—with your long-held love of music.
Walk away from this intensive with a new understanding of recording and live-sound technologies and applications, as well as an expanded knowledge of the realities of the music industry today and tomorrow.
• Introduction to a network of renowned music industry and technology professionals
• Trips to live music venues and recording studios
• Guest lectures from respected performers to skilled technicians
• Exposure to a variety of DAWs (Digital Audio Workstations)
• Open lab hours to work on personal projects and sharpen production skills
• Collaboration with Summer Institute Jazz + Contemporary Music students
• Portfolio-ready content designed to showcase your talent to employers and colleges
• Fully composed and produced MIDI-based pieces
• Detailed evaluations from each of your instructors