UArts Health Services is committed to providing care, treatment and education to keep you healthy and happy.
Important Notice: The Online Insurance Form will be active starting November 18th for students beginning in the Spring of 2020. At that time students beginning UArts in the Spring 2020 semester will have the opportunity to enter their insurance preference for the upcoming year. (Current students who wish to opt-into the school plan for the Spring semester will be unable to access the waiver a second time this year and must call 215.717.6652 to make the insurance change).
*New incoming students for Fall 2020 who have submitted an enrollment deposit will be able to access the Online Insurance Form the week of November 18th.
Note: Entering personal insurance information via the Online Insurance Form is the only way to waive the $1,474 fee or the 2020 Spring semester (this fee ONLY applies to students beginning in Spring 2020).
Health Services @ UArts
On-campus health services are provided Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the school year. All medical issues are strictly confidential. Please refer to the links on the top right of the page for more information regarding resources and services. Tip: If you are new to UArts or Health Services we recommend reading over the FAQ page which addresses some commonly asked questions about our office.
Gershman Hall, Room 306
Follow us on Facebook for important updates and events, or instagram (@uarts_healthservices) to view our wellness programs and events!
Health Services Requirements
New students are also encouraged to read over the Health Services FAQ as well as the “Tips” section at the bottom of this page.
Local Resources and Services
Philadelphia is home to a wide array of resources, facilities and specialists. Part of our goal is to highlight notable wellness-related resources in the immediate area. Please refer to the link on the upper right side of the page for more information regarding these local options. If you are looking for a specific recommendation and do not see it on the list simply contact our office so that we may be of further assistance.
Tips for new students
To assist in making your transition to college a smooth one, here are some suggestions for students who will be attending UArts for the first time:
- Plan ahead! During the summer months it can be difficult to get a timely appointment with your physician due to the increased demand of back to school check-ups but you'll need one in order to complete your required Health Information Forms.
- Read over our FAQ page to learn the answers to some of the commonly asked questions about our office and local services.
- Have your insurance card with you and find out how to use them! If you are relocating from outside the Philadelphia region you may want to check that your health insurance provider will cover services outside of your network. Most major insurance companies will have a "search for a doctor" or "find a doctor" tool on their websites which will allow you to see the physicians/services covered by an insurance company in a given area. 19102 is the school's zip code.
- If you are being treated for any long term medical or psychological conditions that require regular doctor visits and you will be away from home, we suggest that prior to the start of school, you make connections with physicians and/or therapists near school who accept your health insurance.
- If you are on a monthly medication regimen and require refills and/or continual evaluations, please make prior arrangements with physicians in the Philadelphia area who accept your health insurance.
Please feel free to contact Health Services at 215-717-6652 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or have any questions.