UArts Health Services is committed to providing care, treatment and education to keep you healthy and happy.
Important Notice: The Online Insurance Form is now active. Students taking 6+ credits in Fall 2018 must complete the online form at myuarts.uarts.edu/ahpins. This is the only way to remove the $2,171.00 school insurance fee from your bill and must be completed no later than 9/10/18. Please contact Health Services with any questions.
Summer Hours: While the Health Office is staffed during the summer, hours and nurse availability may vary when classes are not in session. It is recommended that you call 215.717.6652 if you plan to visit the office.
Health Services @ UArts
On-campus health services are provided Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the school year. All medical issues are strictly confidential. Please refer to the links on the top right of the page for more information regarding resources and services. Tip: If you are new to UArts or Health Services we recommend reading over the FAQ page which addresses some commonly asked questions about our office.
Gershman Hall, Room 306
Follow us on Facebook for important updates and events.
Health Services Requirements
Please refer to the Student Health Documents page for required materials, forms and deadlines.
New students are also encouraged to read over the Health Services FAQ as well as the “Tips” section at the bottom of this page.
For further details regarding the Health Insurance requirement and details on the school-sponsored health plan, please read over the Health Insurance at the University of the Arts section.
Local Resources and Services
Philadelphia is home to a wide array of resources, facilities and specialists. Part of our goal is to highlight notable wellness-related resources in the immediate area. Please refer to the link on the upper right side of the page for more information regarding these local options. If you are looking for a specific recommendation and do not see it on the list simply contact our office so that we may be of further assistance.
Tips for new students
To assist in making your transition to college a smooth one, here are some suggestions for students who will be attending UArts for the first time:
- Plan ahead! During the summer months it can be difficult to get a timely appointment with your physician due to the increased demand of back to school check-ups but you'll need one in order to complete your required Health Information Forms.
- Read over our FAQ page to learn the answers to some of the commonly asked questions about our office and local services.
- Have your insurance card with you and find out how to use them! If you are relocating from outside the Philadelphia region you may want to check that your health insurance provider will cover services outside of your network. Most major insurance companies will have a "search for a doctor" or "find a doctor" tool on their websites which will allow you to see the physicians/services covered by an insurance company in a given area. 19102 is the school's zip code.
- If you are being treated for any long term medical or psychological conditions that require regular doctor visits and you will be away from home, we suggest that prior to the start of school, you make connections with physicians and/or therapists near school who accept your health insurance.
- If you are on a monthly medication regimen and require refills and/or continual evaluations, please make prior arrangements with physicians in the Philadelphia area who accept your health insurance.
Please feel free to contact Health Services at 215-717-6652 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance or have any questions.