Information Regarding Registered Sex Offenders
The Federal Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act of 2020 requires colleges and universities to advise campus community members where to locate law enforcement agency information provided by the state concerning registered sex offenders. It also requires sex offenders already required to register in the state to provide notice of each institution of higher education in the state at which the person is employed, carries on a vocation, or is a student.
In Pennsylvania, information regarding registered sex offenders may be obtained from the Pennsylvania State Police or a local municipal police agency with jurisdiction for the campus. Learn more at pameganslaw.state.pa.us.
- To search for offenders on the site, first click the I accept button that follows the warning regarding misuse of the page’s information.
- Near the top of the page, click Search Offenders, then select one of the links that allows you to search by code, name or alias, county, municipality, city, or ZIP Code.
Similar information is maintained by the National Sex Offender Registry and is available at familywatchdog.us.
- Locate Find Offender on the top of the page.
- Choose Search by Address or Name.
- Enter your information.
- Click on Search.
The local police agency with jurisdiction over UArts’ campus is the Philadelphia Police Department. Learn more at phillypolice.com.
- 6th District: 215-686-3060
- 9th District: 215-686-3090