Associate Professor, Ira Brind School of Theater Arts
Directing, Playwriting, & Production faculty
PH.D, University of Texas at Austin
MA, Emerson College
BA, Higher Institute of Theatrical Arts at Damascus
BA, Damascus University
School of Theater
Terra Hall 6THfskeiker@uarts.edu
Fadi Skeiker is an educator and a scholar who has been teaching collaboration, directing, script analysis and theater styles at UArts for four years.
Syrian-born Fadi Skeiker holds a BA from the Higher Institute of Theatrical Arts in Damascus, an MA from Emerson College in Boston and a PhD from the University of Texas at Austin.
- Skeiker has directed, devised and led applied theater work all over the world in Egypt, Germany, Jordan, Portugal and the U.S.
- He is a published scholar who focuses on theater as it relates to human rights and refugees.
- Skeiker’s book, Syrian Refugees, Applied Theater, Workshop Facilitation and Stories: While They Were Waiting, was published by Routledge in 2020.
- Before joining UArts, Skeiker taught at the University of Jordan, the University of Minho in Portugal and the University of Texas at Austin. He also served as a visiting researcher at Free University of Berlin in Germany.
Visit Fadi Skeiker’s page on Academia.
Awards & Accolades
- Skeiker is a Fulbright scholar and an Erasmus grantee.