Visitor Services Assistant
JOB TITLE: Visitor Services Assistant
REPORTS TO: Associate Director for Visitor Experience
This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Admissions Welcome Center and the quality assurance of Student Ambassador work responsibilities. Additionally, this position supports the Associate Director for Visitor Experience in planning and implementing recruitment, engagement, and yield events on and off campus in support of undergraduate enrollment goals of the University.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the front desk as the first point of contact within the Welcome Center, and serves as the lead receptionist for the Center.
- Advises prospective students, families, high school teachers, counselors, etc on program offerings and application processes.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Welcome Center, and is responsible for the presentation of the Center.
- Manages and triages Admissions email inbox and post mail.
- Responsible for scheduling appointments for all admissions-related visits (including individual visits, group tours, portfolio reviews, counselor/faculty meetings), and maintains all aspects of the Admissions Calendar.
- Assists with the planning and implementation of on and off-campus events, including coordinating space rentals/reservations, food, space planning, and travel arrangements. Includes audition days (both on and off campus), open house events, admitted student events, national portfolio days, etc.
- Assists with recruitment and hiring of student ambassadors, assists with their training and supervision, assists in managing their assessment.
- Coordinates survey feedback data from guests.
- Participates in and assists with on-campus recruitment events as needed.
- Completes data entry for call-in requests for information.
- Special projects, as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
- Minimum of an Associate degree, or equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 1-3 years of administrative and/or visitor services experience.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong organization, interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with databases and information systems.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail and timeliness.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changes on a daily basis.
- A positive attitude, a people-centric approach to work, and a good sense of humor helpful.
- Interest in, and commitment to the goals of higher education.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, customer relationship management systems, student information systems, and the ability to learn new systems quickly and thoroughly.
About The University:
University of the Arts’ mission is simple: to advance human creativity. Established in 1876, UArts believes creativity is the most essential skill for success in today’s society and has educated generations of groundbreaking artists, performers, designers and creative leaders for more than 141 years. After being granted university status in 1987, University of the Arts became the largest institution of its kind in the nation, offering programs in design, fine arts, media arts, crafts, music, dance, theater and writing. It now features 30 undergraduate arts majors, 15 graduate programs and the nation’s first PhD program in Creativity. UArts is also home to innovative centers across disciplines, including the Center for Immersive Media, Lightbox Film Center, Philadelphia Art Alliance and Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery. Learn more about UArts.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to email@example.com. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Title IX Statement: The University of the Arts prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in its programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The Director for Title IX, Equity, & Compliance is responsible for overseeing compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws and regulations. To contact the Director for Title IX, Equity, & Compliance, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org,, or visit The University of the Arts, 320 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, Pa. 19102, Room 260, or call 215-717-6366. To learn more about the University's Title IX policy and response to sex discrimination, including sexual harassment and sexual violence, please visit www.uarts.edu/titleix. Inquiries may also be directed to the Federal agency responsible for enforcing Title IX, the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.