Technical Supervisor, Temporary, Full-Time
JOB TITLE: Technical Supervisor, Temporary, Full Time
REPORTS TO: Associate Producer
This position is responsible for assisting in planning, construction, load in, and load out of scenic elements for all theater production projects. They will attend all production meetings, staff meetings, and technical rehearsals (as needed) to coordinate these processes with all departments and staff. They will coordinate any additional labor, both student and independent contractor, to complete these projects safely and on time. Approximate start date: 02/01/2023. Approximate end date: 05/01/2023.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Construction - of scenic needs for all production projects. This will include building new items as well as the acquisition and transport of prebuilt/found/borrowed objects
- Planning - This will include attending production and staff meetings to discuss the construction and load in/out of all scenic elements, coordinated across multiple departments
- Supervision - of all scenic labor, including student work study and professional independent contractors, in the shop, performance venues, and all ancillary spaces. Tis will include the supervision of hiring and payroll paperwork
- Maintenance - of all associated shop, storage, and venue spaces, in coordination with other production
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
- Minimum high school Preferred Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience in the area of theatrical construction and planning. Preferred 5 years
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Technical expertise in theatrical construction and rigging
- Written and oral communication skills paired with analytical and strategic thinking
- AutoCAD, Vectorworks, Photoshop, and other standard drafting and design software
- Google Suite Applications
About The University:
University of the Arts’ mission is simple: to advance human creativity. Established in 1876, UArts believes creativity is the most essential skill for success in today’s society and has educated generations of groundbreaking artists, performers, designers and creative leaders for more than 141 years. After being granted university status in 1987, University of the Arts became the largest institution of its kind in the nation, offering programs in design, fine arts, media arts, crafts, music, dance, theater and writing. It now features 30 undergraduate arts majors, 15 graduate programs and the nation’s first PhD program in Creativity. UArts is also home to innovative centers across disciplines, including the Center for Immersive Media, Lightbox Film Center, Philadelphia Art Alliance and Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery. Learn more about UArts.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to email@example.com. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Title IX Statement: The University of the Arts prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in its programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The Director for Title IX, Equity, & Compliance is responsible for overseeing compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws and regulations. To contact the Director for Title IX, Equity, & Compliance, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org,, or visit The University of the Arts, 320 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, Pa. 19102, Room 260, or call 215-717-6366. To learn more about the University's Title IX policy and response to sex discrimination, including sexual harassment and sexual violence, please visit www.uarts.edu/titleix. Inquiries may also be directed to the Federal agency responsible for enforcing Title IX, the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.