Educational Program Design (MEd)
The MEd in Educational Program Design is a 30-credit degree program designed to deepen your expertise in creating and developing diverse learning environments for today’s student. This degree is designed for educators looking to continue to integrate the artistic process with their practice as an artist and as an art educator.
This Master of Education degree demystifies curriculum, instruction, and assessment and provides you with the tools and skills necessary to create or build upon existing program structures at your school or district to meet the needs of today's students.
Looking for Graduate Certificates for Educators?
Graduate certificates are 15-credit credentials for K-12 educators offered in Arts, Educational Technology, and Inclusion.
Program Requirements (30 credits)
Electives (3 credits)
Program Emphasis (9 credits)
Application Requirements for MEd in Educational Program Design
• Submission of a completed application form or online application.
• Nonrefundable application fee of $60 to be paid by check, money order or credit card. The fee must be payable in U.S. currency and all checks must be drawn on U.S. banks.
• Official transcripts sent directly from each undergraduate and graduate school(s) attended. Transcripts, including secure eTranscripts, should be sent directly by the Registrar's Office at the college(s) or school(s) involved to the Division of Continuing Studies (320 S. Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19102). For transcripts from outside the United States, please refer to the instructions in the transcript section for international students.
• Statement of applicant’s academic and professional goals, 2-3 pages long, stating professional plans, interests, and goals.
• Resume or CV including the applicant’s name; address; phone; email; colleges attended with degrees, dates conferred, employment history; professional experience; present employer; and names of references.
• 1-2 current Letters of Recommendation
Note: Neither MEd Programs nor Graduate Certificates lead to PA Dept of Education Certification. These programs are designed for K-12 in-service teachers. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Start your application
Begin your application today. Our admissions team will help you throughout the process.
See UArts for yourself
The best way to get to know UArts is by visiting our campus in person. Come see a show, visit a gallery, and get to know the neighborhood.
Not sure where to start?
We're glad you want to learn more. Our admissions team is happy to send additional information about our school.