JOB TITLE: Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Office of Technology & Information Services
REPORTS TO: Director of IT Infrastructure & Security
This person will be our primary technical resource supporting Enterprise Servers and associated tools and services, including policy development, security and networking support.
Candidates must be well versed in basic Systems Administration methods including Active Directory Administration, Group Policy development and deployment, Systems Monitoring, Alerting and Response, Cybersecurity methodologies and practices, support of WAN and LAN networks, Backups, Email Systems, Support and Troubleshooting. The candidate should also have a thorough understanding of multi-platform end user computing and client-server application relationships. Advanced systems configuration including scripting and automation are preferable for this position.
The successful candidate will also be able to look at simple and complex network environments to troubleshoot any number of problems including, but not limited to, Windows Active Directory complexities, DNS and DHCP issues, printer issues, email delivery problems, backup issues, various compliance issues and other problems. In addition, the candidate will analyze existing and future client needs and review technical alternatives with these clients to determine the impact on their environment while maintaining a client's security and if applicable compliance needs. At the University of Arts, a strong emphasis is placed Google Messaging, Microsoft Windows Technologies, Dell Server and Storage Systems, Veeam Backup & Recovery Products, VMWare Virtualization, Palo Alto or similar Firewall Hardware, VPN Connectivity and standard Cybersecurity policies and practices.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deploy, administer, and patch operating systems that include Windows Server and RHEL
- Manage and administer Identity Management policies and procedures, Windows Active Directory (including Group Policy Management), DNS (internal & external) and DHCP Services.
- Provide automation solutions through scripting languages such as Powershell, Python, or
- Monitor, respond to, and resolve System Performance Monitoring alerts and
- Manage, administer and deploy Cloud Computing (Google, Microsoft Azure, AWS) email, storage and server environment.
- Along with 3rdparty vendor, manage and administer telephony systems administration (both virtual and physical systems).
- Push changes through Network and Systems Change Management protocols and
- Manage and maintain data backup, Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
- Management and support of Data Center and Network Closet power and
- Lead and participate in Systems and Network projects through Project Management, Planning and Organizing tools and policies.
- Document all technical discoveries and findings, includes knowledge base, troubleshooting and how-to and internal systems documentation.
- Exhibit strong Customer Service Skills, Supporting Novice to Advanced
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience systems administration
- Minimum 1-2 years Systems and Cyber
- Experience developing and deploying domain
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Server Systems Administration
- Identity Management
- Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis
- Basic Networking Skills
- Basic Systems and Cybersecurity Administration
- Scripting and Automation Skills
- Enterprise Data Protection Practices
About The University:
University of the Arts’ mission is simple: to advance human creativity. Established in 1876, UArts believes creativity is the most essential skill for success in today’s society and has educated generations of groundbreaking artists, performers, designers and creative leaders for more than 141 years. After being granted university status in 1987, University of the Arts became the largest institution of its kind in the nation, offering programs in design, fine arts, media arts, crafts, music, dance, theater and writing. It now features 30 undergraduate arts majors, 15 graduate programs and the nation’s first PhD program in Creativity. UArts is also home to innovative centers across disciplines, including the Center for Immersive Media, Lightbox Film Center, Philadelphia Art Alliance and Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery. Learn more about UArts.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to email@example.com. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Title IX Statement: The University of the Arts prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in its programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The Director for Title IX, Equity, & Compliance is responsible for overseeing compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws and regulations. To contact the Director for Title IX, Equity, & Compliance, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, visit The University of the Arts, 320 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, Pa. 19102, or call 215-717-6362. To learn more about the University's Title IX policy and response to sex discrimination, including sexual harassment and sexual violence, please visit www.uarts.edu/titleix. Inquiries may also be directed to the Federal agency responsible for enforcing Title IX, the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.