Health Insurance at the University of the Arts
Required Online Insurance Form:
The required Online Health Insurance Form at myuarts.uarts.edu/ahpins will be active between May 1st, 2018 and September 10th, 2018.
During that time all eligible students planning to enroll full-time for 6+ credits in Fall 2018 are required to complete the Online Insurance Form. Further details on the form and insurance can be found below.
Students who fail to submit personal insurance information online at myuarts.uarts.edu/ahpins by September 10th, 2018 will be enrolled in the school insurance plan and responsible for paying the $2,171 insurance fee. No exceptions this policy can be made after 9/10/18.
Fall 2018/Spring 2019 School Insurance:
- Insurance coverage is through Aetna.
- The cost for the 2018/19 year is $2,171.00. The fee will be included in its entirety on your tuition bill. For information about your bill or to learn about payment options please visit uarts.edu/billing.
- The earliest possible coverage date is August 15, 2018. In order to be covered by this date you must opt-in at myuarts.uarts.edu/ahpins by August 1, due to a processing period of approximately two weeks.
- Coverage lasts through August 15, 2019.
- Although the fee of $2,171.00 is automatically on every tuition bill students must still opt-in at the link to receive coverage by the earliest possible date. Failure to opt-in, or opting in after 8/1, may result in late coverage and possibly a lapse in your insurance policy if you're currently on the school insurance plan. Rates cannot be prorated to reflect shortened coverage due to late enrollment.
- Please check back soon for more comprehensive plan details including a summary of benefits and links to a coverage brochure.
If you have questions regarding health insurance please contact Health Services at 215-717-6652. Questions regarding University billing may be directed to Student Financial Services at 215-717-6170.
Insurance Necessity / Personal Insurance
The University of the Arts requires that all full-time, matriculated students taking six or more credits carry health insurance either through their own insurance company or the school-based plan.
TO REMOVE THE FEE: You will need to submit proof of personal insurance online at myuarts.uarts.edu/ahpins (note: the link will be active 5/1/2018 through 9/10/2018).
The sooner you complete the insurance process, the sooner the fee will be removed from your bill but note that after 9/10/2018 we cannot make any changes to insurance information/billing. Please complete the insurance process before then, preferably as soon as possible to avoid any tuition-related late fees.
STUDENTS WHO DO NOT COMPLETE THE ONLINE INSURANCE FORM BY 9/10/2018 will be automatically enrolled in the school plan.
Note: After 9/10/18 no refunds or exceptions can be made. Rates cannot be pro-rated to reflect the shortened coverage that will result by waiting until the final deadline.
To find out if your insurance has coverage in and around the UArts area: Many insurance companies will have a "Find a Doctor" (or similar) tool on their website. We recommend visiting the website for your insurance company and entering the school zip-code which is 19102.
To research plans you may qualify for we recommend visiting healthcare.gov.