Student, faculty, and staff involvement is essential in promoting an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of the UArts community. Student leaders in particular, including club members, volunteers, work-study students, and graduate intern(s) help to establish an inclusive environment that is welcoming to all who seek support for concerns around sexual orientation and gender identity at UArts.
Queer Student Advocacy Group (QSA) Leadership & Club Members: Build community among LGBTQ+ undergraduate and graduate students at UArts by joining this student-led organization and organizing events and socials. Each year a President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary are required to keep the organization active and vital. All current students, LGBTQ+ and allies, are welcome to join.
LGBTQ+ @UArts Graduate Internship: LGBTQ+ @UArts has established a regular annual position for a graduate intern. Students who are enrolled in a master's program in Social Work, Higher Education/Student Affairs, and/or are enrolled at UArts in a master’s level degree program are eligible to apply each Spring semester for the following academic year.
- Attend LGBTQ+ related meetings and help to organize events on campus
- Plan educational outreach programs and LGBTQ+ materials for distribution
- Assist in researching topics on LGBTQ+ related subjects
- Help with expanding and revising printed and online materials
- Provide resources and referral suggestions to students
- Perform administrative assistant duties and help with projects
LGBTQ+ Diversity Committee Participation: Faculty and Staff are welcome to join this committee to address the needs of our LGBTQ+ community on an institutional level in outlining initiatives and goals.
For more information about getting involved with LGBTQ+@UArts, please contact Abe Zubarev at firstname.lastname@example.org