Fitness at UArts
From fitness classes to our Fitness Center, there are plenty of ways to get active on campus.
The University of the Arts Fitness Center consists of a cardio room, strength training room, and spaces for group exercise classes. It features multiple exercise machines, free weights, and additional exercise essentials such as foam rollers, resistance bands, and jump ropes.
The Fitness Center is staffed by a Certified Personal Trainer who will always be on site during the hours of operation. They are there to check in students, answer fitness-related questions, provide Fitness Center orientations, and assist you along your fitness journey.
The Office of Campus Life in partnership with the YMCA of Philadelphia offers weekly fitness classes on campus. Join every week or pop in when it fits in to your schedule. Class offerings will change every semester, so be sure to check out the class schedules at the beginning of every semester.
Spring 2020 Fitness Class Schedule
- Cardio Fitness Class – Mondays from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. in Terra 403.
- Power Yoga – Tuesdays from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in Terra 403. Be sure to bring your own mat.
- Zumba – Wednesdays from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. in Terra 406.
- Womxn + Weights – Wednesdays from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in the Fitness Center.
- Self-Defense – Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in Terra 406. Be sure to bring your own mat.
- Physical Training Open Hours – Fridays from 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. in the Fitness Center.
The UArts Fitness Center is located on the 1st floor of Gershman Hall. The Fitness Center has cardio and strength training equipment as well as plenty of space to stretch. All students must fill out a waiver once a year, prior to using the Fitness Center. The Fitness Center is open during the fall and spring semesters and follows the following schedule:
- Monday - Thrusday: 8:30am-9:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am-2:00pm
Accessing the Fitness Center
To be admitted into the Fitness Center, students must show their UArts ID at check-in. Prior to use, all students must read through and sign a one-time waiver.
Contact the Fitness Center
The Fitness Center is located in Gershman Hall on the corner of Broad and Pine Streets.