The Advising Center provides academic advising and tutoring, as well as other programs and resources to help students succeed academically during their time at University of the Arts.
The Advising Center helps students make a successful transition to college, and explore academic options - including major, minors, internships, and study abroad. Senior students receive graduation planning advising throughout their final year of university.
Students seeking assistance with the following are encouraged to visit the Advising Center or make an appointment:
- Academic planning & counseling
- Scheduling & registering for courses
- Changing a major
- Choosing or changing a minor
- Dropping, adding & withdrawing from courses
- Transfer credits
- Graduation planning & advising
- Study Abroad
- Any academic issues or concerns
Make an advising appointment:
- Stop by the Advising Center Gershman Hall, Suite 207
Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Or reach out directly to your advisor - you can see their contact info below!
- Watch the tutorial below on how to schedule advising appointments
Important Advising Dates
- December 18
- Fall 2020 Semester Ends
- December 23
- Final Fall 2020 Semester Grades Posted
- January 25
- Spring 2021 Semester Begins
- February 8
- Spring 2021 Class Registration Ends
Interested in taking Summer 2021 classes?
Take a look at the flyer below for the Summer 2021 course offerings, and pricing! Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions!
Tutoring is available for all university courses at no charge to all students to supplement classroom and studio instruction.
Tutors can help you improve your skills in writing, reading, ESL, and other academic and studio areas, including successful classroom strategies and study habits.
The Academic Achievement Program serves talented student artists, designers, and performers at The University of the Arts!
Our programs and specialized support services will enhance students' academic and artistic achievement, advance their progress toward their degree, and sustain their professional careers.
Students admitted to the University of the Arts are invited to participate in the Academic Achievement Program (AAP) if they would benefit from additional assistance in meeting academic, or cultural challenges that might otherwise limit their success.
The Advising Center also offers specialized services, and conducts targeted outreach to students who are academically at-risk or on academic probation.
In coordination with International Student Programs, the Center provides comprehensive ESL tutoring and academic support to students for whom English is a second language. You can learn more information about that program here.
The Advising Center works with the Office of Educational Accessibility to ensure that students with documented disabilities, or learning differences receive any accommodations / support they are eligible for. Through the OEA website you can learn more about what types of accommodations are available, or to set up an appointment with OEA, use this link.
*** For information on how University of the Arts is responding to COVID-19 please refer here for the official response page***
Advising Center FAQ for Students During COVID-19
How can I contact the Advising Center?
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Our physical office in Gershman Hall, Suite 207 will remain closed until activities on campus resume.
Is the Advising Center offering advising & tutoring appointments?
- We will be offering advising appointments by phone, or virtually via Google Hangouts & Meet, and Zoom.
- Tutoring appointments will also be held virtually, and be scheduled through this link.
How can I contact my advisor?
- You can contact your academic advisor directly via email. If you don’t know who your academic advisor is, email the Advising Center at email@example.com.
What if I don't know who my advisor is?
- School of Art: Michele Kishita, firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Dance: C. Blanca Gonzalez email@example.com
- School of Design: Jordan Rockford firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Film: Tia Kemp email@example.com
- School of Music: Rob George firstname.lastname@example.org
- School of Theater: Miriam White email@example.com
How can I schedule an advising appointment?
- You can make an appointment by contacting the Advising Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting your advisor directly.
How can I schedule an advising appointment?
- You can request a tutoring appointment by emailing email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or emailing the Administrator Hanna Weckel at email@example.com.
Have more questions that were not answered here?
- Contact the Advising Center at firstname.lastname@example.org