Hamilton Hall Room firstname.lastname@example.org
“We must absolutely do what we love, or we run the risk of doing nothing at all.” - Unknown
Rande Blank—associate professor and director of the MAT in Visual Arts Education program since 2012 and a faculty member with UArts since 2003—teaches graduate courses, supervises students in their practica and is the department advisor.
Blank earned her BS in Design from University of Maryland; earned her MEd in Special Education from Arcadia University, Glenside, Pennsylvania; and completed her art certification coursework at MCAD. As a practicing artist and trained graphic designer, her body of 2-D and 3-D work includes acrylic painting, found-object sculptures, mixed media and mosaics.
- Over the past 25 years, Blank has been an art educator in a diverse array of settings, from public & private classrooms, teaching art and special education.
- She has taught in elementary and middle school classes throughout Pennsylvania and New Jersey and has had adjunct positions at Tyler School of Art at Temple University and Moore College of Art and Design, both in Philadelphia.
- Blank is active in state and national art and design education associations and presents regularly at conference on topics like
- Visible Learning and Design Thinking Methodologies for K–16 Art and Design Educators
- Design Thinking for Social Equity,
- Creativity and Visual Literacy for Workforce Preparedness,
- Adopting Design Thinking Education in Art Education Programs and
- Inspiring and Experiential Design Thinking Art-Making Activities.