Administrative Assistant, Office of the President
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Office of the President
REPORTS TO: Assistant to the President
Summary: University of the Arts seeks a proactive and customer-service minded administrative professional to support the daily activities of the Office of the President at University of the Arts. This position reports directly to the Assistant to the President and supervises the Office of the President work study students.
It is expected that the incumbent possesses the highest standards of customer service and will have a genuine understanding of, and appreciation for, protocol, discretion, respect, diplomacy and professionalism.
This position also plays an important role supporting web and social media efforts for the Office of the President and University centers.
The incumbent will also support special projects and event coordination.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Serves as the primary front-of-house staff for the Office of the President, ensuring a warm and welcoming reception of all visitors
• Projects and promotes an ethic of care towards all guests, colleagues, faculty, students and staff that engage with the Office of the President
• Schedules and supervises student assistants within the Office of the President
• Fields and screens all incoming inquiries to the Office, including in person, via telephone and email
• Manages, screens and transfers calls as appropriate
• Prepares correspondence, handouts and packets for President’s and/or Chief of Staff’s meetings, including the Board of Trustee’s meetings
• Oversees and maintains functioning technical support systems within the office, trouble-shooting concerns related to the conferencing technology, phones, computers and printers and coordinates needed work with the Office of Technology & Infrastructure Services as needed
• Oversees and maintains office facilities including hospitality stations, ensuring office and hospitality supplies remain stocked and orderly; trouble-shoots and serves as liaison to the Facilities department for any facilities related concerns for the office, submitting and tracking tickets and coordinating needed work
• Reserves meeting spaces within 25Live – the university’s space management system – for Office of the President Meetings, and coordinates set-up needs with both the Office of Technology & Infrastructure Services and Facilities as needed
• Schedules and serves as liaison to catering providers for meetings, including in-house and external as needed
• Maintains and oversees bookings of the Office of the President’s conference room, Hamilton Conference
• Handles and prepares check requests, reimbursement, and accounts payable items
• Assists in the tracking and processing of applications towards the President’s Fund for Excellence
• Maintains and updates office databases, including the directory of Trustees
• Makes reservations and travel arrangements as needed
• Assists in managing the Office of the President webpage and University center’s social media accounts
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
• Minimum Associate’s degree
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• 1-2 years of related experience
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality, professionalism, objectivity and diplomacy
• Maintains and promotes a customer centric mentality at all times
• Courtesy and discretion
• Exemplary interpersonal skills; high degree of emotional intelligence
• Excellent time management, planning & organizational skills; detail oriented
• Technically proficient and able to learn new technologies
• Strong communication skills
• Strong working proficiency in Microsoft Office systems and G Suite
• Knowledge of website content management systems and social media scheduling tools (example: Hootsuite or similar) desirable
About The University:
University of the Arts mission is simple: to advance human creativity. A leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers, University of the Arts has educated generations of innovative artists, performers, designers and creative leaders since 1876. UArts believes creativity is the most essential skill for success in today’s society. After being granted university status in 1987, University of the Arts became the largest institution of its kind in the nation, offering programs in design, fine arts, media arts, crafts, music, dance, theater and writing. It now features 30 undergraduate arts majors, 30 minors, 15 graduate programs, and the nation’s first PhD program in Creativity. UArts is home to innovative centers across disciplines, including the Philadelphia Art Alliance, Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery, and the new Center for Immersive Media launching in November 2019. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues. Learn more about UArts.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to email@example.com. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER