OTIS Support Specialist
JOB TITLE: OTIS Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Support Services
REPORTS TO: Help Desk Manager
SUMMARY: Intake of all IT related issues and tier one resolution of issue pertaining to IT including computer hardware and software, network, phone, and printing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Receives and records in the Web Help Desk ticketing system reported computer hardware and software, network, phone, and printing issues.
• Troubleshoots and resolves tier one issues; follows up on all issues.
• Tracks, replaces, and stocks toner for Xerox fleet.
• Creates and maintains current relevant self-help documentation.
• Organizes and oversees annual student laptop onboarding.
• Assists with annual hardware deploys and software upgrades.
• Educates clients on best use and practices.
• Looks for, recognizes, and reports trends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
Education & Experience:
• Required Associates Degree from two-year College or technical school. Specialization in IT/Customer Service/Digital Art; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Minimum 1-year customer service experience including answering phones, preferably help desk specifically
• Experience troubleshooting technology
• Experience troubleshooting software especially MS Office and Adobe applications
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
University of the Arts mission is simple: to advance human creativity. A leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers, University of the Arts has educated generations of innovative artists, performers, designers and creative leaders since 1876. UArts believes creativity is the most essential skill for success in today’s society. After being granted university status in 1987, University of the Arts became the largest institution of its kind in the nation, offering programs in design, fine arts, media arts, crafts, music, dance, theater and writing. It now features 30 undergraduate arts majors, 30 minors, 15 graduate programs, and the nation’s first PhD program in Creativity. UArts is home to innovative centers across disciplines, including the Philadelphia Art Alliance, Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery, and the new Center for Immersive Media launching in November 2019. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues. Learn more about UArts.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER