Windows Support Specialist
JOB TITLE: Windows Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Support Services
REPORTS TO: Support Services Systems Administrator
SUMMARY: Provide Windows OS, application, and hardware support primarily but not limited Academic users.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Builds application packages in KACE management system
• Creates .bat and PowerShell scripts
• Provides software support for applications used by Game Art, Animation, and Product Design programs including Maya, Unity, and SolidWorks
• Participates in troubleshooting all Windows computers on campus
• Liaises with Windows centric Academic departments to understand and anticipate their needs
• Assists with deploying new Windows computers and rolling out campus wide updates
• Aids and supports the Support Services Systems Administrator as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or other relevant field preferred
• Minimum 1 years providing technical support for Windows including building Windows software packages and setting up and imaging Windows computers required.
• Demonstrable expertise using 3D modeling software such as Maya, Unity, and SolidWorks preferred.
• Customer orientation – this is a customer service position. Understanding and striving to meet the customer’s needs are paramount.
• Analytical thinking – troubleshooting and problem-solving make up a large component of this job.
• Technical expertise – experience using command line, PowerShell, and scripting.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
The University of the Arts—a leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers since 1876—is the only university in the United States that allows its students to collaborate across traditional lines. With more than 30 majors, 30 minors and 13 graduate programs in visual arts, performing arts, design and liberal studies, UArts develops alumni who are not only leaders in their disciplines, but also creative thinkers able to succeed in any path they choose. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER