Network Systems Administrator
JOB TITLE: Network Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Infrastructure Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Infrastructure Services
SUMMARY: The Network Systems Administrator is responsible for provisioning, configuration, operation, and maintenance of Mac and iOS system hardware, software, and applications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Utilizes Mac systems management applications Jamf Pro and Apple Remote Desktop in order to complete the following tasks as required:
o Application packaging and deployment using Jamf Pro. Packaging software to be used with System Image configurations, Self Service, updates to policies and general deployment.
o Software asset management. Uses Jamf Pro and Sassafras K2 to manage, monitor and deploy software. Assists with regular software usage reports to maintain license compliance and provides utilization information.
o System asset management. Maintains managed system inventory throughout Jamf Pro and ensures proper relay of inventory to Web Help Desk.
o Utilizes Apple School Manager for device assignment and provisioning and Volume Purchase Program applications.
o System image/deployment configurations. Uses Composer, Jamf Admin, and custom shell scripting to create and maintain several configurations for Macintosh systems campus wide.
o Patch management for all Macintosh systems and servers. Maintains system and application updates throughout the Jamf Pro Server. Applyies updates to image/deployment configurations, Self Service and regular updates to policies.
o Tier 3 documentation of processes related to all systems management tasks as assigned.
• Assists with planning, design, testing, and deployment of new network technologies and architectures.
• Provides Level 2 technical support for help desk trouble ticket resolution.
• Assists with planning and coordination of department renovations and relocations which requires reconfiguration of the existing network infrastructure for voice, data, and wireless access.
• Contributes to and maintains system standards and security measures.
• Maintains server hardware integrity and monitors server activity in order to proactively respond to component or system failures.
• Investigates Mac, Windows and Linux server MIBs for more granular reporting of system performance problems and process failures to PRTG management system.
• Assists with all network moves / adds / changes as requested by user departments.
• Participates in weekly rotating on call schedule.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information system and 3+ years’ related experience; or 5+ years of related experience
• Interested candidates should have knowledge of the following:
o Hardware: Apple hardware (macOS and iOS), Dell Servers
o Software: Jamf Pro, Apple Remote Desktop, Windows Server 2012 - 2019, Linux, Apache, Mac OS, Windows 10, Active Directory/LDAP, VMWare, Parallels
o Applications: Google Apps, Anti-spam/Anti-virus tools, Single Sign On, DNS/DHCP
o Useful Skills: Scripting experience (bash, python), Technical Writing
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
The University of the Arts—a leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers since 1876—is the only university in the United States that allows its students to collaborate across traditional lines. With more than 30 majors, 30 minors and 13 graduate programs in visual arts, performing arts, design and liberal studies, UArts develops alumni who are not only leaders in their disciplines, but also creative thinkers able to succeed in any path they choose. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER