JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
DEPARTMENT: The Office of the Registrar
REPORTS TO: Associate Registrar
SUMMARY: The Administrative Assistant greets and serves potential students, faculty, staff, and other customers in a positive, friendly, customer-service oriented and efficient manner. This position provides general support to the Office of the Registrar including registration support, record maintenance, form processing, enrollment verification, transcript processing, and data entry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides reception, phone, and general office support.
• Provides technical support to students, faculty, and staff for systems supported by the Registrar.
• Processes location requests in the room reservation system.
• Processes registration changes.
• Processes transcript & enrollment verification requests.
• Distributes all mailings from the Registrar’s Office.
• Responsible for the scanning, importing, and indexing of records in the document imaging and workflow system.
• Provides data entry and auditing support for both ongoing and ad hoc projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
Education & Experience:
• Minimum Associate’s Degree.
• Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in an office setting.
• Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Must be able to multi-task, be competent with data, and have strong computer skills.
• Experience with Google Apps, Ellucian’s Colleague, CollegeNET’s 25Live, and Hyland Software’s
• OnBase is preferred.
• The ideal candidate will have experience in higher education.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
The University of the Arts—a leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers since 1876—is the only university in the United States that allows its students to collaborate across traditional lines. With more than 30 majors, 30 minors and 13 graduate programs in visual arts, performing arts, design and liberal studies, UArts develops alumni who are not only leaders in their disciplines, but also creative thinkers able to succeed in any path they choose. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to email@example.com. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER