Assistant VP for Enrollment Marketing
Position: Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Marketing
Department: Enrollment Management
Reports to: Vice President for Enrollment Management
The University of the Arts seeks a creative and innovative professional to join its team as Assistant Vice President for Enrollment Marketing. This newly created position offers a unique opportunity to partner with offices and individuals across our campus to develop and implement the brand and marketing strategies to support the University’s standing as the place of choice among visual and performing arts colleges and universities.
The ideal candidate will take advantage of UArts’ location on the Avenue of the Arts, in the heart of Center City, Philadelphia – named one of the most livable and hippest cities in America. The AVP will know how to leverage a student’s ability to work across the disciplines of its 6 Schools of 2 Colleges—an opportunity unique to UArts— in pursuit of a lifelong and meaningful career in the creative economy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Works with senior leadership to develop long-term strategies that build market presence and brand identity in key cities throughout the US and abroad, and that support the communication, fundraising and enrollment goals and priorities of the University.
● Plays a lead role in unifying and managing our brand across all media channels and platforms, so that UArts is conveyed in a consistent and creative manner. This role ensures all campus partners—especially current faculty, staff, students and alumni—are representing the University and its programs in alignment with our strategic goals.
● Ensures that UArts’ digital presence is optimized across web, social and digital media.
● Oversees the creation and implementation of an innovative content strategy that will leverage our special events and the ongoing promotion of student, alumni and faculty success in support of our enrollment goals. This includes designing and overseeing all marketing and advertising plans for the university.
● Manages a creative team consisting of a web and digital strategy director; digital content director; print and digital designer; front-end web developer; digital content coordinator; media content producer/video specialist; and student interns in design, photo, video and marketing.
● Ensures the efficient and cost-effective production of all publications, promotional pieces, marketing pieces, digital media, website content and social media messaging in the implementation of marketing strategies.
● Provides ongoing analysis and assessment of strategies and outcomes.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
Education and Experience:
● 10 years of relevant experience, with 5 years of supervisory experience leading a department or division within a higher education marketing context.
● Proven track record as a marketing and content strategy professional with experience in data-driven decision making.
● Highly creative and metrics focused.
● Knowledge of the communication channels, platforms, and strategies most relevant to reaching a primary audience of 15-, 16-, and 17-year old prospective students.
● Proven ability to work and lead effectively in a highly diverse and creative campus community.
● Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills.
● Ability to develop effective internal and external partnerships.
● Proficient with various communication platforms and media, including print publications, web, new media, and video.
● Proficient with use of analytic tools, and demonstrated ability to extract data that is useful to the review and revision of strategies and the full realization of institutional goals.
● Ability to direct, monitor, evaluate and inspire staff.
● Ability to manage organizational budget.
● Strong and compelling oral and written communication skills.
● Demonstrated ability to craft copy and content for diverse audiences.
● Superior project management skills and attention to detail.
● Evidence of ability to work at both the strategic and tactical levels.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
The University of the Arts—a leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers since 1876—is the only university in the United States that allows its students to collaborate across traditional lines. With more than 30 majors, 30 minors and 13 graduate programs in visual arts, performing arts, design and liberal studies, UArts develops alumni who are not only leaders in their disciplines, but also creative thinkers able to succeed in any path they choose. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER