Director of Visitor Experience
POSITION: Director of Visitor Experience
DEPARTMENT: Office of Admissions
REPORTS TO: AVP for Admissions
Position is responsible for designing, planning, and implementing recruitment, engagement, and yield events on and off campus, and providing admissions services in support of the undergraduate and graduate enrollment goals of the University.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Designs and coordinates on-campus recruitment events including open house programs, auditions, shadow days, accepted student day, and information sessions.
• Coordinates off-campus recruitment events and travel for audition days, meet and greets, and alumni/prospective student mixers.
• Plays a leadership role in planning and implementing new academic department-based, on-campus recruitment programs, including workshops, lectures, and receptions for high school students, educators and counselors, as well as faculty and students from two-year colleges.
• Oversees the management of the day-to-day operations of the Welcome Center.
• Serves as direct supervisor of the Welcome Center Manager and Event Coordinator.
• Serves as admissions and financial aid generalist for visitors.
• Conducts prospective student interviews, daily information sessions, and VIP tours.
• Designs recruitment, and hiring process of student ambassadors and assistants.
• Designs training, learning outcomes, and assessment plan for student ambassadors.
• Designs all tour routes and visitor experiences, and ensures consistency and quality of activities.
• Designs assessment tools for all events and visitor experiences informing continued improvements and maximizing effectiveness.
• Serves as liaison for high school educators, and external groups for group tour and visits.
• Serves as primary Admissions liaison for Student Affairs activities and events.
• Manages follow-up correspondence to all visitors.
• Assists in some visits to high schools, community colleges, college fairs, portfolio days, and various recruitment events.
• Negotiates discounts on area hotels, restaurants, and attractions.
• Manages event planning budget.
• Provides annual event calendar detailing goals, and outline of resources needs for each event.
• Provides annual report of analysis and evaluation on performance of all events.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in hospitality, marketing, visual or performing arts, or related field.
• History of successful large-scale event planning, orchestrating multiple moving parts and constituents.
• History of designing training programs for student ambassadors, counselors, tour guides, or other groups that provide customer service, and deliver experiences.
• Prior management of individuals and/or staff.
• 4 to 5 years of experience working in admissions, marketing, hospitality or a relevant field.
• Demonstrated interest and/or commitment to the goals of higher education.
• A demonstrated ability to work with passion, persistence, and follow-through.
• Ability to be adaptive, and responsive to new situations.
• A positive attitude, commitment to outstanding customer service, and a good sense of humor.
• Understanding of technology, and how it informs and supports business practices.
• Computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, customer relationship management systems, student information systems, and the ability to learn new systems quickly and thoroughly.
• Strong organizational, interpersonal, public speaking, and customer service skills.
• Ability to work independently, assess needs, and provide creative solutions to meet goals.
• Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and opinions.
• Demonstrated success working collaboratively, towards team goals.
• Ability to travel and work weekends and evenings, with valid driver's license.
• Ability to lift 25 pounds (i.e. recruitment materials)
VALUED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
• Bilingual or multilingual.
• 5 to 7 years of prior event-planning experience, with focus on outcomes.
• 5 to 7 years in a college or university setting, with admissions or financial aid experience.
• Ability to quickly understand tasks-at-hand, with a mind for solution-based outcomes.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
The University of the Arts—a leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers since 1876—is the only university in the United States that allows its students to collaborate across traditional lines. With more than 30 majors, 30 minors and 13 graduate programs in visual arts, performing arts, design and liberal studies, UArts develops alumni who are not only leaders in their disciplines, but also creative thinkers able to succeed in any path they choose. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER