Business Analyst/System Administrator [2 positions]
JOB TITLE: Business Analyst/System Administrator [2 positions]
DEPARTMENT: Office of Technology and Information Systems
REPORTS TO: Director for Information Services
SUMMARY: The University of the Art is hiring for two Business Analysts to support all of the enterprise applications at the university. The Business Analysts are responsible for supporting and implementing enterprise software solutions.
The successful candidates will be capable of organizing and managing complex projects, working closely with clients with diverse program requirements, and communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel. They will also assess individual projects in the context of an overall strategic approach as defined by the Director. They must have the ability to quickly learn new systems through training and documentation.
Each of the two positions will have responsibility for different combinations of systems based on functional area: Student, HR/Finance, or Enrollment Management but will be expected to support one another as necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supports and trains faculty, staff, and students on of all of our administrative systems, including but not limited to Blackboard Transact, Ellucian Colleague, Hyland OnBase, StarRez, 25Live, Symplicity, and Raiser’s Edge
• Serves as system administrator for these systems, which will include, user management, security setup, and system configuration
• Identifies process efficiencies that can be leveraged using new or existing technology tools
• Defines requirements for product or process enhancements
• Patches and upgrades software applications as needed
• Maintains and supports point of sale hardware and software as needed
• Communicates with software vendors and support staff
• Creates and maintains technical and user documentation
• Creates and presents client based training sessions for supported applications
• Works with ERP programmers to trouble shoot data transfers between ERP and enterprise software applications
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
Education & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience
• 3+ years of experience with enterprise software
• The individual should possess strong initiative, leadership, and analytical skills, and be an effective trainer as well as collaborator. The candidate must display excellent written, oral, interpersonal, organizational abilities. A candidate for this position must be able to work independently in a varied, fast paced environment. Experience working in higher education a plus.
• A demonstrated experience working with Windows 2008/2012 Server, MS SQL 2008, MSAccess or similar database application
• Experience with Blackboard Transact and Hyland OnBase document imaging and workflow
• Experience with various databases such as MS SQL and MySQL
• Experience with any enterprise systems managed by the University of the Arts is (Ellucian Colleague, Blackboard Transact, StarRez and Raiser's Edge, Symplicity, Informer) is a plus
• Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills when responding to phone calls, tickets, and emails
• Demonstrated ability to read, write, absorb, and apply technical documentation
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with many offices across the University
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
The University of the Arts—a leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers since 1876—is the only university in the United States that allows its students to collaborate across traditional lines. With more than 30 majors, 30 minors and 13 graduate programs in visual arts, performing arts, design and liberal studies, UArts develops alumni who are not only leaders in their disciplines, but also creative thinkers able to succeed in any path they choose. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER