JOB TITLE: Web Developer
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Marketing
REPORTS TO: AVP of Enrollment Marketing
The University of the Arts seeks a proactive and forward-thinking Web
Developer to join its Enrollment Marketing team. The Web Developer is an integral member of UArts’ Enrollment Marketing team and is charged with identifying and attracting the right-fit students to the university by effectively communicating the strengths of our programs and student experiences. This position is responsible for providing ongoing development, maintenance and enhancements of the University’s websites and in efforts to reach enrollment goals.
The successful candidate will be a motivated and solutions-focused team player who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. As a leader in the Enrollment Marketing team, they will have demonstrated project management skills, the ability to set and hit targets, and the ability to inspire others to deliver exceptional project outcomes on tight timetables. Impeccable interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and a strong motivation to own and deliver strong development work is expected.
The developer will have 2-8 years of experience managing multiple websites, preferably on Drupal 8. Experience working within a higher education context or cultural organization is valued but not required. The candidate must be good at troubleshooting and finding solutions to issues while adhering to best practice guidelines. The web developer will manage, update and create new web features and stay current on industry trends in front-end technology and design, as well as in digital enrollment marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Rolls out new front-end web features for uarts.edu
● Serves as developer and project manager for site building, coding, front-end development and maintaining sites for organizations, events and groups as directed
● Prototypes new features from concepts and wireframes to complete designs and deployment
● Gathers stakeholder feedback and performs quality assurance on new web features across platforms and devices
● Understands best practices in UI/UX design
● Integrates and styles third-party application data for display on main UArts websites
● Manipulates data in form of feeds (ex. XML, JSON) for use with web applications
● Assists in Linux server management (Pantheon environment)
● Trains staff/faculty to use web technologies on campus (when necessary)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or related experience
● 2-8 years of experience managing multiple websites, preferably on Drupal 8
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
● Thorough understanding of HTML, CSS and best practice coding standards
● Thorough understanding of SASS and Bootstrap
● Thorough understanding of Git and hosted server environments (Pantheon)
● Thorough understanding of content management systems and workflow
● Thorough understanding of Drupal 7 and 8 and WordPress, with the ability to write, edit and produce PHP
● Possess design skills with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, and wireframing tools
● Basic knowledge of LAMP architecture
● Knowledge of responsive design builds
● Able to take design mockups and translate them to the web standards
● Familiarity with multistage deployment
● Familiarity with agile development a plus
● Previous experience working in an educational environment a plus
● Able to work independently and efficiently meet deadlines
● Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and tickets
● Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
● Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
The University of the Arts—a leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers since 1876—is the only university in the United States that allows its students to collaborate across traditional lines. With more than 30 majors, 30 minors and 13 graduate programs in visual arts, performing arts, design and liberal studies, UArts develops alumni who are not only leaders in their disciplines, but are also creative thinkers able to succeed in any path they choose. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to email@example.com. Please ensure the job title is in the subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.