JOB TITLE: Web Developer
DEPARTMENT: Enrollment Management
REPORTS TO: Director of Web & Digital Strategy
The University of the Arts seeks a pro-active and forward thinking Web Developer to join its Enrollment Marketing team. The Web Developer is an integral member of the University’s Enrollment Marketing team, charged with identifying and attracting the right-fit students to the university by effectively communicating the strengths of our programs and experiences of our students. This position is responsible for providing on-going support, maintenance, development and enhancements for the University’s websites and applications in efforts to reach enrollment goals.
The successful candidate will be a motivated and solution-focused team player, who thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. As a leader within the Enrollment Marketing team, they will have demonstrated project management skills, the ability to set and hit targets, and inspire others to deliver exceptional project outcomes on tight timetables. Impeccable interpersonal skills, organizational abilities and a strong motivation to own and deliver strong development work is expected.
They will hold at 2-8 years of experience managing multiple websites, preferably on Drupal 8. Experience working within a higher education context or cultural organization is valued, though not required. The candidate must be good at troubleshooting and finding solutions to issues while adhering to best practice guidelines. The web developer will manage, update and create new web applications and features.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Rolls out new web features for uarts.edu
• Serves as developer and project manager for site building, coding, front-end development and maintaining sites for organizations, events and groups as directed
• Prototypes new features from concept and wireframes to complete designs and deployment
• Gathers stakeholder feedback and performs quality assurance on new web features across platforms and devices
• Understands best practices in UI/UX design
• Integrates and styles 3rd party application data for display on main UArts websites
• Manipulates data in form of feeds (ex. XML, JSON) for use with web applications
• Assists in Linux server management (Pantheon environment)
• Trains staff/faculty to use web technologies on campus (when necessary).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Thorough understanding of HTML, CSS and best practice coding standards.
• Thorough understanding of SASS and Bootstrap.
• Thorough understanding of Git and hosted server environments (Pantheon)
• Thorough understanding of CMS’s. In particular Drupal and WordPress.
• Posses design skills with knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop, and wireframing tools
• Basic knowledge of LAMP architecture.
• Knowledge of responsive design builds.
• Able to take design mockups and translate them to the web standards.
• Familiarity with multi-stage deployment.
• Familiarity with agile development, a plus.
• Previous experience working in an education environment, a plus.
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and tickets.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, organizational, and presentation skills.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY:
The University of the Arts—a leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers since 1876—is the only university in the United States that allows its students to collaborate across traditional lines. With more than 30 majors, 30 minors and 13 graduate programs in visual arts, performing arts, design and liberal studies, UArts develops alumni who are not only leaders in their disciplines, but also creative thinkers able to succeed in any path they choose. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference: