Application and Database Specialist
POSITION: Application and Database Specialist, Full-Time Calendar Year Position
DEPARTMENT: Office of Technology and Information Systems
SUMMARY: The Application and Database Specialist is responsible for supporting and implementing enterprise software solutions.
The successful candidate will be capable of quickly assimilating enterprise software applications and databases and IT-related concepts, organizing and managing complex projects, working closely with clients with diverse program requirements, communicating effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel, and assessing individual projects in the context of an overall strategic approach. He or she must have superior ability to learn systems quickly by reading documentation and effectively absorb pertinent system training. The individual should possess strong initiative, leadership, and analytical skills, and be an effective teacher as well as collaborator. The candidate must display excellent written and oral skills with demonstrated interpersonal and organization abilities. A candidate for this position must be able to work in a varied, fast paced environment. Flexibility and tolerance is a necessity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Implements, supports and administers enterprise software applications
• Patches and upgrades software applications as needed
• Creates and maintains technical and user documentation
• Creates and presents client based training sessions for supported applications as needed by Colleague constituents
• Creates and reports on metrics
• Participates in dynamic priority setting sessions.
• Works with ERP programmers to trouble shoot data transfers between ERP and enterprise software applications
• Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
• Experience with Blackboard Transact and Hyland OnBase Document Imaging and workflow preferred
• Experience with various databases such as MS SQL and MySQL
• Experience with StarRez and Raiser's Edge (fundraising) a plus.
• Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Able to promptly answer support related email, phone calls and other electronic communications.
• Able to read, absorb, and apply technical documentation.
• Able to effectively utilize technical training
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
• Bachelors degree in computer science, MIS, or related experience
• Three+ years experience with enterprise software applications
• Three+ years with database creation and maintenance in latest version of MS SQL and MySQL
• Query writing ability
• Candidates must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• This position will require the ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees
• A demonstrated experience working with personal computers (Windows 7 or 10,
Mac OSX), Windows 2008/2012 Server, MS Sequel 2008, MSAccess or similar database application; word processing and spreadsheets required
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: The University of the Arts—a leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers since 1876—is the only university in the United States that allows its students to collaborate across traditional lines. With more than 30 majors, 30 minors and 13 graduate programs in visual arts, performing arts, design and liberal studies, UArts develops alumni who are not only leaders in their disciplines, but also creative thinkers able to succeed in any path they choose. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference: http://www.uarts.edu/about/campus-crime-fire-reports
TO APPLY: Interested qualified applicants should submit a letter of application/cover letter and a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER