Director of Campus Life
Position: Director of Campus Life
Reports to: Assistant Vice President for Student Services
- Provides vision and leadership to the following areas: commuter life, student organizations, new student orientation, leadership programs, and student programming.
- Oversees campus programming and is responsible for the First Year Experience program, student activities, intramurals, Orientation, and senior programming.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Campus Life professional staff and collaborates effectively with staff in Student Affairs.
- Directly trains, supervises and evaluates the New Student Programming Coordinator, the Campus and Commuter Programs Coordinator, and 1-2 graduate interns.
- Maintains accurate records in Colleague and Blackboard.
- Coordinates facility management, including room inventories, room requests, and event set up details.
- Oversees Peer Mentor student staff selection, training, and evaluation.
- Assists in the coordination of the staff selection, training, residential and programming component of the Pre‐College Summer Institute.
- Supervises New Student Orientation including staffing, planning and programming.
- Collaborates with the AVP for Student Services in the development and execution of Family Weekend programming.
- Creates the fall and spring programming calendar, ensuring that regular programming and activities occur on campus.
- Assists in the coordination of the annual RA banquet and Student Leadership Awards Ceremony.
- Coordinates Senior programming and activities.
- Manages departmental budgets and develop proposals for new initiatives.
- Assists in planning, assessment, and budgeting processes as dictated by the University.
- Works with Continuing Studies during the summer to manage the Pre-College Summer Institute social programming calendar.
- Serves in the On-Duty rotation at the Administrator-on-Call level and as such, participates in a weekly on-call rotation and handles crises as needed.
- Assists in day-to-day activities as needed in the Office of Campus Life including staff in-service.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
• Minimum Master’s Degree in Higher Education, Education, Student Affairs, or similar area.
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in residence life, orientation, and/or activities.
• Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Must be able to manage an organization and multi‐task, be competent with data, projections and databases, and be able to provide vision and goal setting to the organization.
• The ideal candidate will have experience at an urban, private college or university.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: The University of the Arts—a leader in developing visual and performing artists and designers since 1876—is the only university in the United States that allows its students to collaborate across traditional lines. With more than 30 majors, 30 minors and 13 graduate programs in visual arts, performing arts, design and liberal studies, UArts develops alumni who are not only leaders in their disciplines, but also creative thinkers able to succeed in any path they choose. Our nearly 1,900 students study and create on our campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, the city’s cultural center, within walking distance of hundreds of galleries, museums, theaters and other performing arts venues.
TO APPLY: Interested qualified applicants should submit a letter of application/cover letter and a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference: http://www.uarts.edu/about/campus-crime-fire-reports
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER