ID Sophomore Named 2016 Student Employee of the Year
April 20, 2016
Top winner Shane Mastronardi ’18 (Industrial Design), Honorable Mention winner Samantha Dowdy ’16 (Dance) and other work-study students honored at annual luncheon
Left to right: Honorable Mention winner Samantha Dowdy '16 (Dance), UArts President David Yager, Student Employee of the Year Shan
Sophomore Shane Mastronardi ’18 (Industrial Design) [center] was named the 2016 Student Employee of the Year during an annual luncheon held in honor of the University’s work-study students. School of Dance senior Samantha Dowdy ’16 (Dance) [left] received an Honorable Mention during the April 13 gathering, which included 15 other student worker nominees, their supervisors and invited guests. UArts President David Yager, Student Financial Services Director/Enrollment Management Assistant Vice President Michael Light and Student Employment Coordinator Debi Leonard presented the awards.
Nominated by Industrial Design Shop Supervisor Justin Bernard, Mastronardi has risen through the ranks over the last year and a half to become Bernard’s shop assistant, a position usually reserved for juniors and seniors. He was cited for his initiative, professionalism and exceptional commitment to the job, as well as his ability to inspire his fellow students, faculty and staff. As the top winner, Mastronardi received a commemorative clock trophy, a one-year membership to 12th Street Gym and a $100 gift card.
Honorable Mention winner Samantha Dowdy, nominated by staff members Rosemary Savoia and Lakiesha Sanders, received a three-month membership to the 12th Street Gym and a $50 gift card for her hard work and dedication to maintaining a high level of customer service in the Registrar’s office over the last three years.
All nominees received certificates and prizes donated by sponsors from along the Avenue of the Arts, including 12th Street Gym, Kimmel Center for the Performing Arts, Blick Art Materials, Lucky Strike Bowl, Wilma Theater, Giorgio’s on Pine, Sumo Sushi, Philadelphia Theatre Company, Suzanne Roberts Theatre, Starbucks, Last Drop Coffee House, UArts School Store and the University’s Office of Student Life.
- Troy Bugarin ’16 (Illustration), Print Services
- Taylor Curry ’18 (Illustration), Print Services
- Samantha Dowdy ’16 (Dance), Registrar’s Office
- Marco Farroni ’17 (Dance), Dance Department
- Luke Han ’17 (Illustration), International Student Programs
- Iman Hanif-Jones ’18 (Acting), Ira Brind School of Theater Arts
- Rachael Horner ’16 (Dance), Student Financial Services
- Shane Mastronardi ’18 (Industrial Design), Industrial Design
- James McMullen ’16 (Animation), OTIS Support Services
- Pavel Meskhiev ’17 (MBET), International Student Programs
- Diana Nguyen ’17 (Illustration), International Student Programs
- Matthew Oster ’16 (Musical Theater), Liberal Arts
- Ryan Peteraf ’17 (Vocal Performance), UArts School Store
- Aleasha Quzack ’18 (Creative Writing), President's Office
- Lindsay Ronaldson-Dodoras ’16 (Vocal Performance), Advising Center
- Kristen Screnci ’17 (Musical Theater), Ira Brind School of Theater Arts
- Morriah Young ’16 (Directing, Playwriting + Production), Student Affairs