IT Support Specialist
JOB TITLE: IT Support Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Support Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Support Services
Intake and processing of technical issues submitted to the Help Desk. Resolution of tier one issues relating to OTIS supported hardware and software.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Receives and records reported computer hardware and software, network, phone, and printing issues.
- Troubleshoots and resolves tier one issues; follows up on all issues.
- Tracks, replaces, and stocks toner for Xerox fleet.
- Coordinates Xerox technical support.
- Contributes to self-help and process documentation.
- Organizes and oversees annual student laptop onboarding.
- Assists with annual hardware deploys and software upgrades.
- Educates clients on best use and practices.
- Looks for, recognizes, and reports trends.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
- Minimum: Associates Degree from two-year College or technical school. Specialization in IT/Customer Service/Digital Art; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 2-years customer service experience including answering phones, preferably help desk specifically
- Experience troubleshooting technology
- Experience troubleshooting software especially MS Office and Adobe applications
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Customer orientation – this is a customer service position. Understanding and striving to meet the customer’s needs are paramount.
- Analytical thinking – troubleshooting and problem-solving make up a large component of this job.
- Technical expertise – this is a technical position. Technical proficiency is absolutely required.
- Diagnostic information gathering – ability to listen, translate, record, and effectively communicate is essential.
- Work Study Students
About The University:
University of the Arts’ mission is simple: to advance human creativity. Established in 1876, UArts believes creativity is the most essential skill for success in today’s society and has educated generations of groundbreaking artists, performers, designers and creative leaders for more than 141 years. After being granted university status in 1987, University of the Arts became the largest institution of its kind in the nation, offering programs in design, fine arts, media arts, crafts, music, dance, theater and writing. It now features 30 undergraduate arts majors, 15 graduate programs and the nation’s first PhD program in Creativity. UArts is also home to innovative centers across disciplines, including the Center for Immersive Media, Lightbox Film Center, Philadelphia Art Alliance and Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery. Learn more about UArts.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Title IX Statement: The University of the Arts prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in its programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The Director for Title IX, Equity, & Compliance is responsible for overseeing compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws and regulations. To contact the Director for Title IX, Equity, & Compliance, e-mail email@example.com,, or visit The University of the Arts, 320 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, Pa. 19102, Room 260, or call 215-717-6366. To learn more about the University's Title IX policy and response to sex discrimination, including sexual harassment and sexual violence, please visit www.uarts.edu/titleix. Inquiries may also be directed to the Federal agency responsible for enforcing Title IX, the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.