UArts Quick Facts
Is UArts right for you? Discover a welcoming community of artists, designers and writers in the heart of one of the nation’s most exciting cultural centers.
Quick Facts About UArts
As one of the nation's only comprehensive arts universities, the University of the Arts offers a unique environment where students from many disciplines—artists, performers, writers and media makers—interact in a dynamic, collaborative community of creativity.
Our 1,900 students are enrolled in 47 undergraduate and graduate programs on the University's campus at the center of Philadelphia's vibrant Avenue of the Arts. The institution's roots as a national leader in educating creative individuals date back to our founding in 1876.
- Approximately 1,900 students
- Full-time equivalent students (FTE): 1,881
|College of Art, Media & Design||
|College of Performing Arts||
|College of Critical and Professional Studies||
|Non-matriculating, including exchange students||
- 63% women, 37% men
- 40% minority enrollment
- UArts students hail from 44 states and 24 foreign countries
- 106 full-time faculty members, with close to 2/3rds holding highest/terminal degree in their field
- Faculty are practicing visual and performing arts professionals who regularly exhibit and perform in some of the world's most renowned venues
Student Faculty Ratio
- Student/Faculty ratio: 8.5 to 1
- 23 Bachelor's degree programs
- Broad selection of minors and studio concentration areas
- 3 undergraduate diploma programs (School of Music)
- Critical Studies course offerings are an important component of the arts-focused curriculum in each degree program
- Two 5th-year capstone Masters in Teaching programs
- 14 Master’s degree programs
- 5 graduate diploma/certificate program
- 1 Post-Baccaluareate program
- Bachelor of Fine Arts
- Bachelor of Music
- Bachelor of Science
- Master of Arts
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master of Education
- Master of Fine Arts
- Master of Design
- Master of Music
- Tuition and fees are $44,780
- Average on-campus housing room charge is $10,540 per year
- Each year, UArts awards more than $29,000,000 in scholarships and grants to the nearly 80 percent of students who are eligible for some type of financial aid
- More than $29 million in University assistance awarded each year
- Grant aid is available to eligible students for study abroad and graduate study
- Approximately one-quarter of our students participate in the federal work-study program each year.
Campus and environs
- Facilities include 6 academic buildings and 4 residence halls
- 11 professional performance venues and 16 exhibition/ gallery spaces including a majestic 1874-seat theater located on the Avenue of the Arts
- University Libraries include a centrally located main library, the specialized Music Library, Visual Resources and Special Collections, and digital electronic resources.
- Over 30 active student clubs and organizations on campus, ranging from cultural organizations like the African Diaspora Collective, recreational groups such as UArts intramural dodgeball and basketball, and arts-specific activities like Gallery One, Philadelphia's only student-run art gallery.
- Over 19,000 living alumni
- The University of the Arts' Alumni Association sustains a lifelong relationship with the University and its alumni by promoting and sharing the achievements of alumni, and providing educational and enrichment programs. Upon graduation, all alumni are automatically granted life membership in the alumni association at no cost.
- Private, independent, non-profit
Carnegie Classification: Special Focus – Schools of Art, Music and Design
- Middle States Commission on Higher Education
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)