Students from different programs are seen working on their craft in a graphic layout

Grad Info Session: Virtual Information Fair

<<Back to Grad Info Session

Our Virtual Information Fair is a collection of introductory videos and frequently asked questions from departments across the university. You can visit the content any time to learn more about International Student Programs, Student Financial Services and University Libraries.

International Student Programs

Learn about international student programs at UArts with Director of International Student Programs Mara Flamm. Contact Mara with any questions by email,, or phone, 215-717-6621.


How and when do I obtain my F-1 student visa?

After you are accepted into your degree program, you will receive the document you will need to obtain your Form I-20 from University of the Arts. This is the form you will need to secure your F-1 visa at a U.S. embassy closest to where you reside. Contact Mara Flamm at if you have any questions or to schedule a meeting about obtaining your I-20 and F-1 visa.

What is ESLI, and do I need to enroll in ESLI before beginning my graduate studies?

ESLI is University of the Arts’ English as a Second Language Institute. ESLI’s curriculum is designed specifically for visual artists, designers and performing artists. In addition to our rigorous English reading, writing and discussion courses, ESLI offers studio art, design and performance courses that focus on developing the English language learning strategies needed to thrive in your graduate level courses. Finally, ESLI uses the city of Philadelphia and the wonderful array of performances and events at University of the Arts as meaningful parts of the curriculum.

International ESL students who do not meet UArts’ graduate-level English proficiency score, or whose program department heads require ESLI, must enroll in ESLI the summer before they begin their graduate program. However, students with the required English proficiency have also benefited from participating in ESLI, as they have spent a wonderful summer making Philadelphia and UArts their second home while gaining confidence in their English language proficiency.

Does UArts offer employment and postgraduate visa counseling?

Yes. UArts hosts immigration employment attorney visits to let students know of possible visa opportunities beyond their student visas. If you choose to pursue a postgraduate student visa, it is your responsibility to work independently with the attorney who visits UArts or a different attorney of your choosing. 

In addition, International Student Programs offers Optional Practical Training (OPT) workshops, during which we review and help you submit your OPT application, and career counseling workshops through our Career Services office.

Does UArts have international student clubs or organizations?

Yes. Currently, we have a UArts Korean Association and a Chinese University of the Arts Association. With International Student Programs, these organizations host weekly global lunches for international students to socialize with, support and learn from one another.

Learn more about International Student Programs.

Student Financial Services

Learn about Student Financial Services, tuition and financial aid with Associate Director of Operations Beck Gusler. Contact with any questions.

Learn more about graduate tuition and financial aid.

University Libraries

Learn about University Libraries with Director Josh Roberts, Visual Resources and Special Collections Librarian Laura Grutzeck, and Access Services and Music Librarian Jim Cowen. Contact with any questions.

Learn more about University Libraries.