Senior Integration Specialist
JOB TITLE: Senior Integration Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Office of Technology and Information Services (OTIS)
REPORTS TO: Director of Information Services
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Craft and implement a long-term integration strategy that is reliable, sustainable, and is aligned with the overall strategic goals of the university.
- Planning for the data integration process by developing common definitions of sourced data; designing common keys in physical data structure; establishing data integration specifications; examining data applications; examining data models; determining best-fit data interchange methods; assessing and implementing enabling an ESB solution; identifying factors that negatively impact integration; forecasting resource requirements.
- Design and implement services based integrations using an ESB platform that is efficient and scalable.
- Collaborating with partners (IT, Vendors, UArts Administrative teams) to build an extensive platform and set of integrations.
- Maintain existing real time data integration operations including bug fixes and feature requests using Constituo, Ellucian Ethos, and other platforms.
- Evaluate and build integrations with new or existing tools.
- Build and maintain a data dictionary and manage our Data Governance committee.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
High School Diploma required, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 4+ years of experience working with a real time services based integration platform like Talend ESB, Mulesoft, Constituo, or Informatica.
- You have a deep understanding of SOA best practices methodology and ESB platforms.
- Proven experience launching mission-critical data pipelines and workflows.
- Extensive experience integrating with SAML, REST, SOAP APIs using JSON and XML.
- Programming experience with an object oriented programming language (ex: Java).
- Database knowledge and analysis - ability to read/write SQL queries, understanding of data normalization, data integrity, and data standardization and cleanup.
- Bonus: Experience with any of our core applications: Ellucian Colleague Suite (Colleague, Self-Service, Ethos, Web Advisor, Experience), Blackboard Transact, Raiser’s Edge, Hyland Onbase.
- Bonus: Experience in higher education and/or a creative community.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a staff member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a staff member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of the duties of this job are performed sitting. The employee will also spend a fair amount of time walking to where computers are, moving computers from one location to another, and crawling under desks to access ports.
About The University:
University of the Arts’ mission is simple: to advance human creativity. Established in 1876, UArts believes creativity is the most essential skill for success in today’s society and has educated generations of groundbreaking artists, performers, designers and creative leaders for more than 141 years. After being granted university status in 1987, University of the Arts became the largest institution of its kind in the nation, offering programs in design, fine arts, media arts, crafts, music, dance, theater and writing. It now features 30 undergraduate arts majors, 15 graduate programs and the nation’s first PhD program in Creativity. UArts is also home to innovative centers across disciplines, including the Center for Immersive Media, Lightbox Film Center, Philadelphia Art Alliance and Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery. Learn more about UArts.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to . Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Title IX Statement: The University of the Arts prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in its programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The Director for Title IX, Equity, & Compliance is responsible for overseeing compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws and regulations. To contact the Director for Title IX, Equity, & Compliance, e-mail ,, or visit The University of the Arts, 320 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, Pa. 19102, Room 260, or call 215-717-6366. To learn more about the University's Title IX policy and response to sex discrimination, including sexual harassment and sexual violence, please visit . Inquiries may also be directed to the Federal agency responsible for enforcing Title IX, the .