College Health Nurse
JOB TITLE: College Health Nurse
DEPARTMENT: Health Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Health Services
Summary: University of the Arts is a four-year private, urban institution. University of the Arts honors a diverse academic community and is committed to serving the needs of our students. The Health Services Nurse has both clinical and administrative responsibilities. This individual provides health care services to students within standard RN scope of practice. Administrative responsibilities include management of pre-entrance student health requirements, inventory management, and quality assurance activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide nursing care and/or first aid for ill or injured students
- Assess, evaluate, treat, counsel and/or refer students to area advanced practitioners as needed
- Develop plans of care based on student assessments, interventions, and follow up to identify outcomes.
- Provide health related education
- Respond to telephone inquiries and health services emails
- Assist with required research/writing for programming needs
- Attend meetings with Senior Directors and Campus Life and outside organizations/vendors as needed
- Assist with student compliance in regard to health insurance, health forms and immunization requirements
- Assist with orientations and health and wellness programs and events
- Follow-up with students in regard to Student of Concern Reports and/or ongoing health issues
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of various reports and records regarding student health visits, programs and initiatives
- Maintain departmental areas in a safe, clean and orderly condition; assure compliance with established safety regulations
- Current CPR/AED certification
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Associates of Science, Diploma or Baccalaureate nursing program. Certification in School Health Nurse or College Health Nursing desirable
Experience: Two or more years of professional nursing practice in school/college health services, adolescent medicine or ambulatory care preferred
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the process required to formulate nursing objectives, the process of administering nursing care and the procedure involved in the accurate recording of patient care
- Knowledge and understanding of human development and health concerns of the late adolescent/young adult group is essential
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and ability to maintain composure under stressful conditions
- Ability to function independently while operating effectively within a team environment.
- Computer competency
- Excellent oral and written skills and ability to communicate comfortably with students and colleagues
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student population and campus community
About The University:
University of the Arts’ mission is simple: to advance human creativity. Established in 1876, UArts believes creativity is the most essential skill for success in today’s society and has educated generations of groundbreaking artists, performers, designers and creative leaders for more than 141 years. After being granted university status in 1987, University of the Arts became the largest institution of its kind in the nation, offering programs in design, fine arts, media arts, crafts, music, dance, theater and writing. It now features 30 undergraduate arts majors, 15 graduate programs and the nation’s first PhD program in Creativity. UArts is also home to innovative centers across disciplines, including the Center for Immersive Media, Lightbox Film Center, Philadelphia Art Alliance and Rosenwald-Wolf Gallery. Learn more about UArts.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Title IX Statement: The University of the Arts prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in its programs and activities, including admission and employment, in accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The Title IX Coordinator and Diversity Administrator is responsible for overseeing compliance with Title IX and other civil rights laws and regulations. To contact the Title IX Coordinator, e-mail email@example.com,, or visit The University of the Arts, 320 S. Broad St., Philadelphia, Pa. 19102, Room 260, or call 215-717-6366. To learn more about the University's Title IX policy and response to sex discrimination, including sexual harassment and sexual violence, please visit www.uarts.edu/titleix. Inquiries may also be directed to the Federal agency responsible for enforcing Title IX, the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights