- Master of Arts, New York University, New York. Studies in conjunction with the International Center of Photography.
- Bachelor of Arts, Humboldt State University, Arcata, California. Joint concentration in Art, Art History, and Photography
Solo exhibitions (selected):
Galeria Sztuki Mediów, Akademii Sztuk PiÄknych w Warszawie /Media Art Gallery, the Academy of Fine Arts, Warsaw. II Warszawskie Biennale Sztuki Mediów. 2nd Warsaw Biennial of Media Art, Warsaw, Poland; Walter Marks Center for the Arts, Palm Desert, Calif.; Edinburgh College of Art, Edinburgh, Scotland; Rogues Gallery, Philadelphia; Tyler School of Art, Elkins Park, Pa.; The High Desert Nature Museum, Yucca Valley, Calif.; Pendle Hill Gallery, Wallingford, Pa.; Sol Mednick Gallery, Philadelphia.
Group shows (selected):
The Face of the Nuclear Age, Cooper Union, New York,; The Atomic Photographers Guild, International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War Congress, Kollegienhaus of the University of Basel, Switzerland; Southwark Gallery, Philadelphia, PA, Contemporary American Photography, 7th Internationale Fototage Mannheim/Ludwigshafen. Mannheim, Germany; Museum London, London, Ontario; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Cold War Museum, Carp, Ontario, Canada; Peterborough, Ontario, Canada; Photo Gallery West, Philadelphia; LaGrange College, LaGrange, Ga.; Traveling Exhibition throughout Germany, Belguim, Switzerland and Czechoslovakia; de Melkweg Galerie, Amsterdam, Holland; The Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design, Milwaukee; University of Santa Barbara Art Museum, Santa Barbara, Calif.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York; The Collection of the Simon Wiesenthal Center, Beit Hashoah, Museum of Tolerance, Los Angeles, Calif.; The Corcoran Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; The High Museum of Art, Atlanta, Ga.; The National Museum of American Art, The Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C.; Bibliothèque Nationale, Paris, France; The International Center of Photography, NY; Brooklyn Museum, NY; The Los Angeles County Museum of Art, CA; The Museum of Modern Art, NY (Artist Books collection); The Museum of Photographic Arts, San Diego, Calif.; The Franklin Furnace Archives, NY; The Ruttenberg Arts Foundation, Chicago, Ill.; Security Pacific National Bank, Los Angeles, Calif.; B.D.O. Siedman, Inc., Century City, Calif.; The Collection of Shirley Burden, Beverly Hills, Calif.; The Collection of Samuel J. Wagstaff, New York, N.Y.
"Exploring Color Photography, From Film to Pixels" 5th Edition, Robert Hirsch, 2011; “A History of the Photographic Galleries at The University of the Arts, the Mednick Gallery at 30 years and Gallery 1401 at 10 years”, The University of the Arts, 2009; “II Warszawskie Biennale Sztuki Mediów 2007, Academy of Fine Arts, ul. Spokojna 15, Warsaw, Poland, 2007”; “Thoughts on Curating the “TPS 15” National Competition” extended catalog essay; Texas Photographic Society, San Antonio, Texas, 2007; “When Research Needs Another Name”, Afterimage magazine, March/April 2006, Volume 33, no.5.; “SPE’s Passage Through Portland”, Afterimage magazine, May/June 2005, Volume 32, no.6. “Visibility and Invisibility in the Nuclear Age, The Atomic Photographers Guild," "The Toronto Photographers Workshop, "2001; "Building a Photographic Library," Texas Photographic Society, 2001.
Residencies & Visiting Artist (Selected):
Visiting American Expert, U.S. Embassy, Warsaw, Poland; University of Georgia Center for Humanities and Arts Visiting Artist, Athens, Ga.; UCross Foundation Resident, UCross, Wyoming, Photography.
Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, Special Opportunity Stipend, 2000 and 2004; Venture Fund Grant, 2004, 2001 and 1999, Polaroid Materials Grant, Eastman Kodak Scholarship Recipient for Teaching Creative Imaging seminar, The Center for Creative Imaging, Camden, Maine, 1993.
Honors, Reviews and Other:
- Portfolio Reviewer, FotoFest International Meeting Place, FotoFest 2010 Biennial, Houston, Texas.
- Juror, Gold Ink award, North American Publishing Company, 2010 – 2003.
- Portfolio Reviewer, Photo Lucida Conference, Portland, Oregon, 2009, 2007, 2005.
- Juror, Critical Mass, Photo Lucida, Portland, Oregon, 2009, 2008, 2007
- Portfolio Reviewer, Society for Photo Education National Conference, 2010 – 2001
- Portfolio Reviewer, Society for Photo Education Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference, 2009 – 2002
- Faculty Liaison for The University of the Arts to the m(eye) environment digital summer camp held at the Fels Community Center, sponsored by Prince Hussain Aga Khan, 2009 & 2010.
- Invited Participant, Adobe Education Summit 2008 /Santa Fe Photographic Workshops, Santa Fe, NM.
- Invited Participant, Microsoft Pro Photo Summit 2008, Redmond, Washington.
- Judge, “2006 O’Reilly Photoshop Cook-Off” digital imaging competition. O’Reilly Media, 2006.
- Juror, TPS 15 – The National Competition, Texas Photographic Society, San Antonio, Texas, 2006.
- Advisory Board Member, Texas Photographic Society, San Antonio, Texas, 2006 – present.
- Host and Executive Producer, Mac Edition Radio, Internet Technology Site, PA. 2006 – present.
- Presenter, “Remastering the Past – Reconsidering Authenticity in Photography“ Sensuous Knowledge II. Aesthetic Practice and Aesthetic Insight, An international working conference on fundamental problems of artistic research/development, Bergen National Academy of the Arts, Solstrand, Norway. 2005.
Class Schedule, Spring 2016
|T||01:00PM - 03:50PM||History of Photography|
|M||04:00PM - 09:50PM||Digital Photography - Non-Majr|