Social Wellness starts with respect for yourself and for others. Get involved and connected while being a part of the global community.
Indicators of Social Wellness include:
- Interacting with people around them
- Developing good communications skills
- Developing meaningful relationships
- Respecting yourself and others
- Knowing how to address and resolve conflict
- Creating a support system that includes family members and friends
- Seeking positive, interdependent relationships with others
- Developing healthy behaviors
- Actively seeking out ways to preserve positivity within the community
Are you engaged in the process of Social Wellness?
- Do I spend time with my family and friends?
- Am I confident stepping outside of my comfort zone?
- Do I make decisions based on what is best for me and not on what others are doing?
- Are my relationships with others positive and do they make me feel good about myself?
- Am I open to interacting and connecting with people of other cultures, backgrounds and beliefs?
If you answered "no" to any of the questions, it may indicate an area where you need to improve the state of your social wellness.