Emotions come in all shapes and sizes. Learn lifelong skills that will help you develop skills to handle and balance emotions while building resiliency.
Ways to enhance your Emotional Wellness:
- Being aware of thoughts and feelings
- Having a positive attitude
- Learning time-management skills
- Setting priorities
- Accepting mistakes and learning from them
- Maintaining life balance
- Developing an optimistic approach to life
- Expressing feelings freely; managing them effectively
- Expressing emotions appropriately
- Adjusting to change
- Coping with stress in a healthy way
- Enjoying life despite its occasional disappointments and frustrations
Emotional Wellness may also involve seeking out support from Counseling Services when needed. Our Counseling Office is free and confidential for UArts students and has office hours Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Are you engaged in the process of Emotional Wellness?
Evaluate your own emotional wellness with this brief quiz:
- Am I able to maintain a balance of work, family, friends, and other obligations?
- Do I have the tools to reduce stress in my life?
- Can I make decisions without causing myself a lot of stress and worry?
- Can I recognize when I might need to seek outside support or help?
- Am I able to set and stick to priorities?
If you answered "no" to any of the questions, it may indicate an area where you need to improve the state of your emotional wellness.