Service Educates Students, Makes It Easier to Find Off-Campus Housing
The Office of Student Life is pleased to announce, based on feedback from our students, the UArts Off-Campus Housing Service. Each year the university receives requests from students, parents, and faculty and staff for information and assistance finding off-campus housing. This new web-based service provides students with a user-friendly searchable database to find off-campus housing in the Philadelphia area, and provides area owners/managers with a tool to market their properties to the UArts community directly on the UArts website. The service will also include educational components designed to help students by providing useful tools and information to assist with their renting experience.
The user-friendly system includes:
- A fully searchable housing database with photographs of the property, maps with proximity to UArts, direct links to a property’s email, application/lease, and website, as well as unlimited text descriptions and list of amenities.
- Message boards available for roommate postings, available or needed furniture, and sublet opportunities.
- Roommate Matching services where students can search for a roommate(s) who is compatible with their needs.
- Comparison reports which enable students to compare multiple listings side-by-side for the best deal and arrangement.
- An extensive resource guide with sample leases, contact information for utilities, and much more.
How to access the Off-Campus Housing page:
- Visit the Off-Campus Housing page
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a member log in
- Use the various navigation tools to find your "home sweet home"
Off-Campus Housing seminars for the semester have already been offered. For those who miss the seminars, the presentation is posted in the Off Campus Housing page in the Resources Section.
This site is free for UArts students, parents, and new faculty and staff. Questions or comments can be addressed to Student Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or (215) 717-6970.