Student Financial Services Counselor
Job Title: Student Financial Services Counselor
Department: Student Financial Services
Reports To: Associate Director for Financial Aid
The Student Financial Services Counselor position is a full-time, twelve month position. Reporting to the Associate Director for Financial Aid, the SFS Counselor's primary duty will be to assist all potential and current students in navigating the financial aid and billing processes, and giving guidance on how to afford their education. The Counselor will be expected to interact regularly with students and their families via telephone, e-mail, and in-person visits. The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring that all federal, state, and institutional aid is awarded within respective guidelines. This position will be expected to be comfortable with basic mathematical concepts and federal regulations, and relaying those in an easy-to-understand way to potential students. Student Financial Services encompasses both student billing and financial aid; this position will be expected to have knowledge of each area though focusing on financial aid. Working occasional evenings and weekends is required.
- Packaging and monitoring financial aid
- Answer general inquiries and explain how financial aid may impact their student bill
- Receiving in-person visitors
- Responding to e-mail and telephone inquiries
- Presenting financial aid information to prospective students and families
- Assisting families calculate their university balance as well as providing guidance on financing strategies
- Assist with ancillary processes such as importing financial aid application information
- Complete federal verification in accordance with federal guidelines
- Process appeals for loss of aid due to insufficient satisfactory academic progress
- Consider professional judgment appeals
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by the incumbent; they do not purport to describe all functions. Incumbent may be assigned other duties, and the essential functions may change from time to time as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree or more
- 2-3 years relevant experience
- Positive and upbeat attitude
- Familiarity with Colleague preferred
- Occasional evenings and weekends are required
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
Celebrating its 140th anniversary this year, the University of the Arts is one of the nation’s only universities dedicated solely to educating students in the visual and performing arts, design, and writing. UArts is a leader in educating creative individuals through an innovative, flexible, rigorous and well-rounded curriculum that prepares students to be the creative leaders of tomorrow, whether in a specific artistic discipline or by applying their arts education to virtually any career. Our alumni are leading some of the Philadelphia region’s most important cultural institutions and are positively impacting the creative economy nationally. With nearly 1,800 students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate programs on its campus in the heart of Philadelphia’s Avenue of the Arts, UArts students collaborate across disciplines and benefit from being in one of the nation’s most culturally vibrant cities. For more information, please visit uarts.edu.
TO APPLY: Interested qualified applicants should submit a letter of application/cover letter and a resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference: http://www.uarts.edu/about/campus-crime-fire-reports
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER