UArts Alumni Receive 10% Off Registration for Philadelphia Open Studio Tours
May 4, 2012
The University of the Arts, in partnership with the Center for Emerging Visual Artists, invites UArts alumni (both artists and creative workspaces) to sign up for the 2012 Philadelphia Open Studio Tours with a 10 percent discount. In addition to the visibility and fun you're guaranteed as part of this event, your registration includes the following benefits:
- listing at philaopenstudios.org
- listing in the printed Tour Directory - full color this year!
- tools/support materials for marketing
- opportunities to submit work for special events & promotions
- consideration for inclusion in special exhibition opportunities
- year-round career services and opportunities from the Center for Emerging Visual Artists
- special discounts offered by partners and event sponsors
- discount on advertising in the directory - full color ads starting at just $200
Registration is $100 for artists and $150 for community partners. The final registration deadline is June 1, 2012. For more information, contact the Center for Emerging Visual Artists at 215-546-7775x13 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Philadelphia Open Studio Tours is the region's largest annual tour of visual artist studios. Each October, this program spans 20 unique neighborhoods, features over 300 participants, engages audiences topping 30,000, and puts Philadelphia's professional artists "on the map" for locals and tourists alike. As the city's largest festival of visual art, the Philadelphia Open Studio Tours includes self-guided tours of studios, workshops, gallery exhibitions, demonstrations, artist talks, receptions and guided tours.
The program provides the public a rare opportunity to get a behind-the-scenes glimpse of visual artists at work in an approachable, festive and easy-to-navigate tour. The Studio Tours provide a chance for the public to engage with Philadelphia's entire arts community from a new perspective – and based on an individual's own specific interests.
No other program in or around Philadelphia consistently brings such an intimate and diverse cultural experience to the community free of charge and across such a large geographic area.