6th Annual Student Employee Appreciation Week
Apr 8—Apr 12 2013
The University of the Arts and the Office of Student Financial Services proudly announce the 6th Annual Student Employee Appreciation Week.
Each year, this week is set aside to honor and reward the hard work and dedication of over 400 UArts work study students working in 54 departments on and off campus. The highlight of the week is the announcement of the University of the Arts Student Employee of the Year, announced at a luncheon being held on Wednesday, April 10 for nominees, their supervisors and invited guests.
This year, there are 12 nominees from nine departments:
- Jordan Aguilera '14 (Theater Design & Technology) nominated by Amanda D'Amico, Print Services
- Vicky Aquino MA '14 (Art Education) nominated by Mara Flamm, International Student Programs
- Cheyenne Barboza '13 (Directing, Playwriting & Production) nominated by Gina Guglielmi, Student Affairs
- Shannon Brice '14 (Animation) nominated by Lakiesha Sanders, Registrar's Office
- Gabriella Cook '13 (Dance) nominated by Kathryn Coyle, Greenfield Library
- Andrew DiDonato '13 (Crafts) nominated by Patrick Coughlin, Ceramic Studio
- Marc DiGiaimo '14 (Crafts) nominated by Jeremy Cox, Wood Shop
- Junhee Kim '15 (Instrumental Performance) nominated by Mara Flamm, International Student Programs
- Brandon Klevence '13 (Industrial Design) nominated by Will McHale, Industrial Design
- Jill McCoach '13 (Graphic Design) nominated by Jason Chen, Print Services
- Oludare Orepide '14 (Illustration) nominated by Amanda Benton, Print Services
- Robert Smith '13 (Directing, Playwriting & Production) nominated by Peter Danzig and Pam Shropshire, Office of the President
Individual departments will celebrate with their students in many ways, including pizza parties, lunches and gifts. All work study students are invited to enjoy two campus-sponsored events and one area-business event.
On Monday, April 8 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., students will enjoy the week's kick-off event: the First Annual All-American Bar-B-Que. This event is sponsored by the Advising Center, the Office of Technology & Information Services, Student Affairs and Student Financial Services, with the generous support of Finance & Administration and Parkhurst Dining Services.
On Friday, April 12, the Office of Student Life will sponsor an Ice Cream Sundae Social from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. in Furness Courtyard.
Throughout the week, work study students can pick up a voucher for a free coffee in Student Financial Services. This event is sponsored by the Last Drop Coffee Shop at 13th and Pine Streets.
Full Events Calendar