7th Annual Student Employee Appreciation Week
Apr 14—Apr 18 2014
The University of the Arts and the Office of Student Financial Services is proud to announce the 7th Annual Student Employee Appreciation Week. Each year, we set this week aside to recognize and reward the hard work and dedication of over 400 UArts work-study students working in 54 departments on and off campus at UArts.
The highlight of the week is the announcement of the Student Employee of the Year, who will be recognized on Wednesday, April 18 at a luncheon for nominees, their supervisors and invited guests.
This year, we are thrilled have 12 nominees from nine departments.
- Sydney Andrews ’14 (Multidisciplinary Fine Arts) nominated by Kathleen Embleton, Student Life
- Henry Blount ’14 (Graphic Design) nominated Jason Chen, Print Services
- Michelle Cade MFA ’14 (Studio Art) nominated by Harris Fogel, Photography
- Inger Cooper ’15 (Dance) nominated by Mary Fluehr, School Store
- Anthony Dandola ’14 (Animation) nominated by Amanda D’Amico, Print Services
- Carly Fleming ’14 (Craft & Material Studies) nominated by Patrick Coughlin, Ceramics Studio
- Won Ju Kim ’15 (Craft & Material Studies) nominated by Mara Flam, International Student Programs
- Brandon Klevence ’14 (Industrial Design) nominated by Will McHale, Industrial Design
- JoJo Lewis ’14 (Vocal Performance) nominated by Mary Greer and Stephanie Zeppenfelt, Student Financial Services
- Jenna Lorson ’14 (Dance Education) nominated by Sara Allen, Liberal Arts
- Eboni Joi McNeill ’15 (Instrumental Performance) nominated by Gina Guglielmi, Student Affairs
- Oludare Oredipe ’14 (Illustration) nominated by Amanda Benton, Print Services
- Zoe Richards ’15 (Acting) nominated by Chris Vereb, Human Resources
- Christina Stefan ’14 (Industrial Design) nominated by Blanca Gonzalez and Michelle Nichols, Advising Center
All UArts work-study students are invited to enjoy two campus-sponsored events and one area-business event:
On Monday, April 14 from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., students will enjoy the week’s kick-off event: our First Annual UArts Coffee Grab and Go in the lobby of the Merriam Theater.
On Wednesday, April 16, we will hold the 2nd Annual All American BBQ in the Furness Courtyard from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. This event is being sponsored by the Advising Center, the Office of Technology & Information Services, the Office of Student Affairs and Student Financial Services, with the generous support of the Office of Finance & Administration and Parkhurst Dining Services.
On Friday, April 18, the Office of Student Life will sponsor an Ice Cream Sundae Social from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. in Furness Courtyard.
Additionally, throughout the week students can pick up a voucher for a free coffee in the Office of Student Financial Services. This event is sponsored by the Last Drop Coffee Shop at 13th and Pine Streets.
Full Events Calendar