Associate Director of Admission
NOTICE OF POSITION VACANCY
FULL TIME CALENDAR YEAR
POSITION: Associate Director of Admission
DEPARTMENT: Office of Admissions
DESCRIPTION: Representative for the Office of Admission to work in a counselor capacity and to assist with the training and mentoring of fellow staff members. Evaluation of college applications and credentials. Some regional and international travel necessary.
• Responsible for training and supervision of new recruitment staff
• Serves as principal liaison with International Agents
• Supervise workflow of admission counselors and application processing to ensure timely completion of files
• Assumes responsibility to remain current on all admission policies,
Procedures, university programs and requirements
• Sign time cards and expense reports in the Absence of the Dean
• Reviews and renders admission decisions on applications in the absence of the Dean of Admission
• Assumes leadership of the Office of Admission in the absence of the Dean of Admission
• Participates in development and implementation of university recruitment plans and policies.
• Supervises the planning of all counselor travel schedules
• Assumes primary responsibility for international applicants.
• Performs all of the duties of an admission counselor and serves as resource and mentor to staff in the performance of their duties.
• Manages and attends University sponsored events such as Audition, Open Houses, Counselor Days, etc.
• Represents the Office of Admission on university committees
• Represents the University to professional organizations
• Other Duties as assigned.
• Plans and executes a limited fall and spring travel schedule
• International travel as needed
• Provide guidance and training to six admission counselors and two regional admission representatives as needed.
• In charge of office in the Dean's absence
• Bachelor degree – preferably in visual or performing arts
• Five years of direct experience in student recruitment
• Experience in staff management
• Skills and experience needed to meet the College Admission Counselor Competencies 1 - 8, as described by the National Association of College Admission Counseling.
• Experience with database management and retrieval, Word and spreadsheet skills
• Solid communication skills – verbal and written
• Good presentation skills – able to speak in front of groups
• Background in either the visual or performing arts
• Basic computer skills
• Ability to work independently and well with a team
SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE USED:
Windows, Mac, Microsoft Office, Datatel's Colleague, Hobson's AY & CONNECT, OnBase, Telephone, fax machine, copy machine, printer, Laptop computer, iPad, iPhone
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicant's letters of application and resumes to the Office of Personnel Services, 320 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102 or email them to Personnel@uarts.edu.
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER