Prospective students and their families are invited to visit the University of the Arts campus to experience firsthand what a dynamic, friendly place it is.
Information sessions and campus tours are held Monday through Friday at 10:30 am and 12:30 pm during the Fall and Spring semesters, as well as the summer. The Office of Admissions does not hold tours on weekends.
*Registration for Summer tours is now open! Summer tours at the University of the Arts begin on Monday, May 18, 2015 and end on Friday, August 21, 2015. Please note - campus tours will not be offered on Monday, May 25, 2015 and Friday, July 3, 2015. Tours for the Fall semester will being on Tuesday, September 8, 2015.
Campus tours are structured specifically for high school students (9-12 grade) and current college students considering enrolling in an Undergraduate or Pre-College Summer Institute program. We cannot accommodate elementary or middle school students on our tours.
Graduate students are encouraged to contact their program of interest to arrange a visit and tour of facilities.
In order to ensure students have a personalized, informative tour experience, registration is limited to a maximum of 10 guests per tour. Advanced registration is required, and we recommend registering at least a week in advance. We cannot guarantee accommodations for walk-ins.
- Information Session: Learn more about the University of the Arts, our admissions and financial aid processes, and have all your questions answered during this pre-tour group information session with an admissions counselor. Approximately 30 minutes.
- Campus Tour: See a residence hall, dining facilities, and the classroom/studio/performance facilities for your program(s) of interest on this student-led walking tour. Approximately 1 hour.
Because of the specialized nature of our programs, campus tours are divided into two groups – Art, Media & Design/Liberal Arts, and Performing Arts.
The Performing Arts Tour includes the following programs: Dance; Acting; Musical Theater; Theater Design & Technology; Directing, Playwriting & Production; Music Composition; Instrumental Performance; Music Business, Entrepreneurship & Technology; Vocal Performance.
The Art, Media & Design/Liberal Arts Tour includes the following programs: Animation; Film/Video; Writing for Film & Television; Advertising Design; Graphic Design; Industrial Design; Web Development & Interaction Design; Craft & Material Studies; Interdisciplinary Fine Arts (Painting, Drawing, Sculpture, Printmaking); Photography; Illustration; Design, Art & Technology; Creative Writing; Film & Media Studies.
To Register for a Tour
Advanced registration is required for information sessions and campus tours.
Register Online: Please click on the "Schedule a campus tour" link below to make your reservation. In the "Event/Interview Name" field, type in "tour" and click search to bring up the current tour schedule. You will receive an email confirmation for your tour which includes information about location, parking and directions.
Call Us: You can also register for a tour by calling the Office of Admissions at 1-800-616-2787 or 215.717.6049 Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
Due to the specialized nature of our programs, as well as our urban campus setting, the Office of Admissions can only accommodate a maximum of 10 guests per tour. Groups larger than 10 guests, including high school groups and afterschool programs, are welcome to visit during our Fall and Spring Open Houses. Tours are for high school students (9-12 grade) and current college students only. We cannot accommodate elementary or middle school students.
Enhance Your Visit!
Want to make the most of your visit to UArts? Take advantage of the options below to see more of what we have to offer.
- Schedule a preliminary portfolio review: Students considering a program in the College of Art, Media & Design are welcome to do a preliminary portfolio review with an admissions counselor for feedback on preparing your portfolio for official review. Call 1-800-616-2787 or 215.717.6049 to schedule.
- Observe a class: See UArts students in action in the studio or rehearsal hall. Class observations can be arranged through the department office. Call 1-800-616-2787 or 215.717.6049 for assistance.
- See a show or exhibition: When scheduling your visit, be sure to check the University’s Events Calendar for the full list of gallery exhibitions, performances, lectures and other events happening on campus.
- Explore the neighborhood: The city of Philadelphia is a key component of what makes UArts unique. Make time to see what surrounding neighborhoods like Midtown Village, Rittenhouse Square and South Street have to offer before or after your campus tour. Check out Visit Philly for more information about dining, shopping and attractions.