Prospective students and their families are invited to visit the University of the Arts campus to experience firsthand what a dynamic, friendly place it is.
Information sessions and campus tours are held Monday through Friday during the Fall and Spring semesters, as well as the summer. The Office of Admissions also holds tours during Open House. A tour will be included for students participating in our on-campus auditions; these students need not register for a separate tour.
Campus tours are structured specifically for high school students (9-12 grade) interested in enrolling in an Undergraduate or Pre-College Summer Institute program, and current college students considering transferring to a different institution. We cannot accommodate elementary or middle school students on our tours.
Graduate students are encouraged to contact their program of interest to arrange a visit and tour of facilities.
In order to ensure students have a personalized, informative tour experience, registration for each tour is limited. Advanced registration is required, and we recommend registering at least a week in advance. We cannot guarantee accommodations for walk-ins.
- Campus Tour: See a residence hall, our main dining hall and studio spaces on this student-led tour. This walking tour lasts about one hour and will at times be outdoors; we encourage you to dress appropriately.
- Information Session: Learn more about the University of the Arts, our admissions and financial aid processes, and have all your questions answered during this group information session hosted by Admissions Counselor. Approximately 30 minutes.
To Register for a Tour
Advanced registration is required for information sessions and campus tours.
Register Online: Please select the appropriate link below to schedule your UArts visit. You will receive an email confirmation which includes information about location, parking and directions.
Call Us: You can also register for a UArts visit by calling the Office of Admissions at 800-616-2787 ext. 6049 or 215-717-6049 Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
Due to the specialized nature of our programs, as well as our urban campus setting, the Office of Admissions can only accommodate a maximum of 10 guests per tour. Groups larger than 10 guests, including high school groups and afterschool programs, are welcome to visit during Open House. Tours are for high school students (9-12 grade) and current college students only. We cannot accommodate elementary or middle school students.
Enhance Your Visit!
Want to make the most of your visit to UArts? Take advantage of the options below to see more of what we have to offer.
- Schedule a preliminary portfolio review: Students considering a program in the College of Art, Media & Design are welcome to do a preliminary portfolio review with an admissions counselor for feedback on preparing your portfolio for official review. Call 800-616-2787 ext. 6049 or 215-717-6049 to schedule.
- Observe a class: See UArts students in action in the studio or rehearsal hall. Class observations can be arranged through the department office. Call 800-616-2787 ext. 6049 or 215-717-6049 for assistance.
- Please note: prospective Theater students may schedule a shadow day only after being accepted into the program.
- See a show or exhibition: When scheduling your visit, be sure to check the University’s Events Calendar for the full list of gallery exhibitions, performances, lectures and other events happening on campus. For most ticketed performances, two complimentary tickets are available per prospective student.
- Theater Performances: Using the promo code UASTUDENT, prospective students can reserve two tickets to a performance at tickets.uarts.edu.
- Music and Dance Performances: Simply tell us you're a prospective student when you arrive at the performance, and you'll be seated for free.
- Explore the neighborhood: The city of Philadelphia is a key component of what makes UArts unique. Make time to see what surrounding neighborhoods like Midtown Village, Rittenhouse Square and South Street have to offer before or after your campus tour. Check out Visit Philly for more information about dining, shopping and attractions.