Bring your technique and tenacity to our rigorous three-week Dance program, where you’ll develop both physically and artistically under the guidance of internationally renowned dancers and choreographers. Through a comprehensive and immersive experience, UArts offers a challenging curriculum and new experiences in a community of artists who are as serious about dance as you are.
This program allows you to finesse the styles you know and love and sharpen those you don’t. With a rotating selection of guest artists in each of our core courses, you will gain an expansive understanding of the facets of ballet, modern, and composition + improvisation. Customize your experience with electives, participate in repertories, and work on choreographing your own pieces.
Spend well deserved physical breaks delving into dance history and theory alongside discussions of college and career options. From technique to improvisation, let this program stretch your body, mind and understanding of dance as both an industry and art form.
• Workshops in: Dance History, Music, Dance for the Camera, and Dance After College
• Collaboration with Summer Institute Music students
• Guest artist talks
• Attend professional dance performances
• Trips to Philadelphia museums
• Open studio space for students to collaborate on choreography for a student performance
• For rising seniors, the opportunity to be evaluated for admission into the Fall 2018 undergraduate Dance program.
• A showcase of technique, improvisation, composition and overall growth for family, friends and peers in a public repertory performance on a professional Philadelphia stage
• Detailed evaluations from UArts instructors
• An introduction to a network of renowned dance teachers and choreographers