The four-week Art, Media + Design program allows you to select courses in various subject matter and media for a comprehensive learning experience driven by your individual interests. You’ll choose a major and two electives that reflect UArts’ undergraduate curriculum. You’ll learn to look at and think critically about art through a foundational critical studies course, in-class critiques, and visits to Philadelphia’s museums and galleries.
Courses are taught by the University’s faculty, comprised of artists and creative professionals, and each is designed to give you solid foundational skills and college-level art and design training that will support your work and interests, artistic development, and portfolio.
Walk away from four weeks on campus with new technical skills, a broadened vocabulary, and an expanded perspective on contemporary art making.
• Intensive studies that fit your individual interests
• Trips to museums, galleries, and cultural institutions
• Open studio hours in the evenings
• For rising seniors, the opportunity to be evaluated for undergraduate admission for the Fall 2018 semester, via one-on-one portfolio review with UArts Admissions counselor
• A portfolio of new work from across your major and electives
• Work showcased in UArts’ public exhibition spaces
• Detailed evaluations from each of your instructors
• A compilation of your work included in the Summer Institute Look Book