Student Financial Services Counselor
POSITION: Student Financial Services Counselor (Full-Time Calendar Year Position)
DEPARTMENT: Student Financial Services
The Student Financial Services Counselor is a full-time Exempt salaried twelve-month position. This position is responsible for facilitating the relationship with students and parents for all aspects of a student’s financial interaction with the University. The counselor has the responsibility and authority to make interpretations and decisions regarding federal, state and institutional regulation and policy. The incumbent must be able to effectively manage a high volume of work and produce results which exhibit a high degree of accuracy. He/she will perform other related duties as assigned or requested. The University reserves the right to and or change duties at any time.
- Review eligibility of student aid applicants and conduct application verification
- Calculate financial aid eligibility
- Effectively implement federal, state and institutional regulations
- Troubleshoot financial aid application process
- Generate award letters and other correspondence
- Communicate with students and parents in person, via email and on the phone
- Responsible for at least one major program or project
- Manage accounts receivable relationships for students
- Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized college. Administrative experience in higher education with at least one year of responsible financial aid experience; ability to use the Datatel/Colleague and PHEAA systems to process aid applications and answer routine and non-routine inquiries; must possess excellent proofreading skills and be able to minimize errors; knowledge of financial aid programs and regulations; good interpersonal and communication skills.
TO APPLY: Interested, qualified applicants should submit letters of application and resumes to the Human Resources Department via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure job title is in the Subject line.
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, The University of the Arts publishes its Annual Safety Report at the following link for your reference:
THE UNIVERSITY OF THE ARTS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER